March 25-27 - MCJ @ Bumpus Cove

Is there anyone else going or wanting to go that would be towing? Brooks, can you check with 4x4grace and see what they normally do? If they don't have anything set up I'll start calling around to find a safe place to leave tow rigs, but need to know about how many will be there.
got some info on where to park a trailer. Call me

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
My wife will be back in town tomorrow (Navy stuff), I would like to talk to her about a trip like this. But my concern is the trail. Is it too much for my rig (pics posted in my intro post). I don't have alot of mods .... well, really none but tires, lol. I don't want to get in over my head. Any advice?

My wife will be back in town tomorrow (Navy stuff), I would like to talk to her about a trip like this. But my concern is the trail. Is it too much for my rig (pics posted in my intro post). I don't have alot of mods .... well, really none but tires, lol. I don't want to get in over my head. Any advice?
your jeep would be fine coming up the easier side of the trail and I think you would have a good time. We just ask that you have the equipment listed in the Required list in order to attend. Come out to the meeting and we can discuss the trail in depth. Your jeep will be fine.

My wife and I will be in Maggie Valley. We'd like to meet up with the group on Saturday and ride for the day. Is anyone else coming up Saturday morning?

My wife and I will be in Maggie Valley. We'd like to meet up with the group on Saturday and ride for the day. Is anyone else coming up Saturday morning?
Looking back in the thread, I see it was Linus that said he was coming in Saturday, but looks like he may be taking off work friday.

Last edited:
--Jim, If you want to meet us saturday morning we could meet you at the trail head even if the others leave friday.

--Jay Is your wife coming? Are you attending for sure?

--Mark when will you know for sure?

--here is the list I have right now.

Friday @1 Oclock
Brooks & Andrea
Shane & Lori
Cole & gf (cole what is your gfs name?)
Brian & gf? (same question)
Sam
Linus
Larry & Burgundy
Jay & wife maybe?
Gillis
Mark maybe?

Friday night
JR

Saturday Morning
Jim Shealy

Last edited:

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
your jeep would be fine coming up the easier side of the trail and I think you would have a good time. We just ask that you have the equipment listed in the Required list in order to attend. Come out to the meeting and we can discuss the trail in depth. Your jeep will be fine.
97TJGUZZY, I can't find the "Required List". Can you point me in the right direction? Anyone?

97TJGUZZY, I can't find the "Required List". Can you point me in the right direction? Anyone?
1. Valid Driver's License
2. Fire Extinguisher (1A10BC Dry Chemical) - These are commonly available at any WallMart, Home Depot, Lowes, Sam's, Costco, or other homecenters. Common cost is typically in the $10-20 range depending on size/features.
3. Basic First Aid Kit -- These can commonly be found for $20 or less. The most comprehensive one we've seen is available at Sam's Club for about $20.
4. Tow rope or strap (Note: Straps and ropes with hooks are not acceptable). As a minimum, straps must be 2" wide, rated for 10,000 pounds, and at least 20' in length. In addition to the many fine off-road suppliers, these and other common recovery necessities are commonly available at WalMart and/or Northern Tool.
5. Safety belts (one for each occupant). This is non-negotiable. All individuals must be properly restrained by factory or better equipment (for their own safety) inside any moving vehicle on a club ride.
6. Spare tire, jack, and lug wrench. (Note: The spare tire must be within one inch of the diameter of the vehicle tires. Exceptions are made for vehicles with 38" tires or larger due to weight and physical size.)
7. Front and Rear tow points. These MUST BE FRAME MOUNTED in one manner or another. The hardware is typically available at any off-road supplier or auto-parts store.

Fire Extinguisher (1A10BC Dry Chemical)

I used my fire extinguisher at Gulches on a truck fire, so I picked up a new one today. It's 2A10BC. Is that one okay?

I think I am still in. My wife is out. I will camp one night. Probably head up with you guys on Friday at noon and drive back Saturday afternoon. I have a throttle position sensor that is going bad but I don't think it will stop be from going. Every now and then it pops my engine light on. AND I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME GET THE OLD ONE OUT.