Joined the RedTJ club... Kinda

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Hella E code housings and Silver Star Ultras came in today. Maybe I'll be able to see at night now. I'll probably get them in and post comparison tomorrow.

Also bought a random lot of bump stop parts off of Pirate so when that gets here I should be ready to wheel it.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
The housings are Hella e code 7" housings for h4 bulbs. Bulbs are silver star ultra. I was going to put a ddm tuning hid kit in it but Tripp talked me out of it.

I don't know what was up with the yellow light in the first pictures. I guess the bulbs weren't up to temp yet.

The old housings were plastic with basically no light control and some blue Tuner bulbs. Low beams with fogs were brighter than high.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I've given the credit card and UPS a little rest, but boxes will start showing up again shortly :). I've got a set of 2.5" front springs on the way to replace the spacers and level it out a little. Especially with the extra weight of the Engo 10,000 lb winch with rope that's on the way.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Brooks, Tripp, and Greg came over this weekend. The main goal was to build a new rear bumper for the LJ.

IMAG0104_zpsaae34861.jpg

Also got the CB antenna mounted and finished wiring and messed with a few other things.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
It beat the Warn in one of the big magazine tests on performance, but Warn ended up winning because of ergonomics, even though the Warn broke. I couldn't find reliable info on line speed, but it's supposed to be faster than the cheaper Warns with less power draw. Price shipped was $419, so couldn't pass that up.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Managed to get the winch in without pulling the bumper. It took so long getting everything bolted in, it probably would have been quicker to take the bumper off..

IMAG0112_zpsfb8a7058.jpg

I won a fairlead from a drawing at Zuwharrie a couple years ago, so a little something from the Zuk world...

IMAG0111_zpsa342f644.jpg

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Today I swapped out the front 2" spacers for a set of Rock Krawler 2.5" springs. It sitting perfectly level now. I was hoping it would still be slightly nose down so that it would level when loaded, but it looks much better.

IMAG0115_zpsad3fde20.jpg

I also got the JCR bumper tie ins installed. They weren't a direct fit. Maybe it's because of it being an LJ instead of TJ, but I thought they were the same. I had to bolt it in on the frame side, the redrill the holes on the bumper side.

IMAG0113_zpsfab2fec0.jpg

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
After swapping the front springs it was way toe in. I couldn't get the stock adjuster broken loose, so I did the V8 ZJ tie rod swapped and aligned it. It drives much better now.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I got a set of Teraflex aluminum blem sliders from Chad. I got them sandblasted to remove the powder and rough them up. Then I painted them with black satin engine enamel. I think they turned out pretty good.

IMAG0121_zpsc8702772.jpg

IMAG0122_zps05579d42.jpg