Joined the RedTJ club... Kinda

Because thats what I run and they are a waste. They are more expensive than a 35 and only come in a Load range E so they are heave and stiff and dont ride that great. To get any kind of ride quality i have to run 28-30 psi on the road. Dont know who jackie is, but i beat the brakes off the wheels on my 2011 and never had a failure. Deep gouges and scratches but no bead failure and no cracking.
Jimbo, I was the one attempting to back out on the flats trip in January. All you guys gave me crap, and the best part of my weekend was riding with TRACY.[emoji13] The weight just took the wheel with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I priced 35" bighorns from Miller yesterday and I'm looking for a set of 5 adapters. I need to find a 35 I can test fit.

On a separate note, Burgundy needed the truck today so I drove the jeep to work. After all I went through with the multifunction switch, the turn signals didn't work. After I got home I pulled the trim off and found that the flasher relay had vibrated out slightly. I put some dielectric grease on it and some tape over it and all is fine. My point? Don't buy the cheapo multifunction switch.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Before I go and buy a set of tires that may or may not fit, I picked up a pair of lightly used 35x12.50r17 KM2s. I'm going to mount them on the JK wheels to measure what thickness adapter/spacer I need and see if anything else will be needed to fit them.

They look HUGE!
20160315_211313_zpsqevcxpbl.jpg
20160315_211445_zps1fctxrzb.jpg

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Mainly putting this here for my future reference, but the overall backspace with the Ravines and 33x10.50 (straight edge across back of tire and measured to wheel mount surface, so backspace of wheel/tire combo, not just wheel) is 6 3/8", and the overall width is 10 3/4".

The JK Moab with 35x12.50 is 7 3/4" overall backspace and 12" total width.

The Ravine and 33 combo rubs on the spring buckets a little, so I think I'm going to go with a 1 1/2" spacer/adapter which will give me an 1/8" more inner clearance. If it still rubs, I can adjust the steering stops a little.

20160320_194641_zps4fjnrdap.jpg

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I drove the Jeep to work yesterday, all around Columbia, and home, then the transmission shift linkage fell apart in my driveway... Luckily it happened there and not downtown.

Morris 4x4 Center and a few other places sell the correct bushing. It's $2.99 from Morris, + a few bucks shipping, and would have taken a few days to get. AutoZone shows that the HELP! kit 14041 Pedal and Shift Linkage Bushing Kit "Fits", so I decided to try it.

The third one in the pic is the one that fits, but it's not confidence inspiring. At least if it happens again I know what caused it, and it can be trail fixed with a zip tie...

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Thanks for talking me down from the whole beadlock thing Jimbo. I think this was the right decision.
20160324_192634_zpsy7oql4e7.jpg

20160324_193540_zpsbxnmkok0.jpg

The remainder of the set will be here tomorrow. Only thing they touch is the front sway bar when it's disconnected and some of the inner fender plastic in the rear. They are very close to the arb bumper, but I could shorten the front arms a turn or two if I need to.