Guzzy Build

so was your rear axle wider than the front with the spacers? were you also running front spacers as well? What is the plan now?
yes rear axle was wider than the front. I have not run any on my front axle for the past few years. Now I'll be running with no spacers front or rear. The rear will be 5/8" narrower than the front approx. I was running 1" spacer adapters on the rear.

So bombing the dirt roads at OSCAR3 finally killed my Trail Gear Creeper joint I have on my front upper link. I ordered a new Currie Joint to replace it, boy when that one upper joint blows out it makes all kind of noise on and off the road....

You running full size 1.25" shank johnny (or creepers) on the upper link? Might try to 3 link mine over the summer and get rid of this radius arm but Ill probably end up using 7/8s heims for clearance.

You running full size 1.25" shank johnny (or creepers) on the upper link? Might try to 3 link mine over the summer and get rid of this radius arm but Ill probably end up using 7/8s heims for clearance.
I run 7/8" heims on my 4-link uppers and 1.25" lowers. If I was running a 3link I'd feel better w/ all 1.25".

Replaced the front upper link creeper joint, even though it wasn't bad. Still trying to track down a clunk. Removed the front driveshaft to eliminate that possibility. Also put in new greats able bolts on the front lowers at the frame so I could grease them easier.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400521636.254145.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400521648.436424.jpg

Documenting some of the Maintenance I did this weekend here in case I need it in the future.

5-31-2014

Replaced R&P with 4.88 Thick Cut Rubicon Gears with larger than stock Ring Gear Bolts (Clemson 4 Wheel)
New Pinion Bearings and Seal (Clemson 4 Wheel)
New Carrier Bearings and axle seals (Clemson 4 Wheel)
New Lockright Springs and Pins (Clemson 4 Wheel)
New Timkin and National Wheel Bearings and Races (A-35 and A-37) Outers from Autozone in Newberry, Inners from Advance in Chapin
New Wheel Hub Seals (for Ford Hub, not the jeep hub) (advance in Chapin)
New Raybestos Blue Boot Balljoints (Rock Auto)

Note:
driver side inner shaft has yielded splines but Ujoint is good. Long Side Ujoint seems tight on one axis.
Hub Fuse installed on Driver side Hub, Full Warn Premium installed on Passenger side.

202,156 miles

Last edited: