Guzzy Build

I went with JCR LJ Stretch corners.
Opened them up last night to find that on the stretch corners they have the huge trapezoid opening for their flare unlike the standard corner guards. BLAH!!! I went with JCR specifically so that it would have a stock style opening as shown in the corner photos.

1580998415347.png

The opening instead looks like this.....

1580998463929.png

Factory Flare will almost cover it, Guess I'm going to get creative.... I called them to confirm they sent the correct corner, and they said yes the stretch corners always have the larger opening, yet its not mentioned on the website...and they no longer sell Corners or fenders for CJ/YJ/TJ. So they no longer offer the aluminum corners even if I want to send them back and get another set of blanks they can't accept these... Son of afacepalm

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Opened them up last night to find that on the stretch corners they have the huge trapezoid opening for their flare unlike the standard corner guards. BLAH!!! I went with JCR specifically so that it would have a stock style opening as shown in the corner photos.

View attachment 19320

The opening instead looks like this.....

View attachment 19321

Factory Flare will almost cover it, Guess I'm going to get creative.... I called them to confirm they sent the correct corner, and they said yes the stretch corners always have the larger opening, yet its not mentioned on the website...and they no longer sell Corners or fenders for CJ/YJ/TJ. So they no longer offer the aluminum corners even if I want to send them back and get another set of blanks they can't accept these... Son of afacepalm
There should be a dislike button. Are the ones you have aluminum or steel?

Good morning,

I gave you a call and talked it over with you guys and I realize you don’t sell these anymore and its not really a concern of yours because I was just one guy buying a set of rockers and corners, but I had shopped around through numerous other custom companies that cut corners, along with looking at Poison Spyder, TNT, Genright, and others. I chose JCR because the corners were shown with a standard wheel opening in the TJ and LJ corner photos and the description of the LJ stretch corners just stated that “adds 4” to front edge”. The silver jeep with the trapezoid cutout is shown as the image for most of the fender configurations. It also said to call for custom orders, which I assumed is what was shown on the Silver jeep in the one photo with the full trapezoid cut out under the flare. Is there any way we can work something out so that I can get a LJ 4” stretch version that just has the standard wheel opening? I discussed buying the flare for these, but at nearly $300 it doubles my cost on them, and they are steel which is heavy and gets away from the whole point of spending additional funds on the aluminum corners. If I’m shit out of luck I guess I’ll accept it, but I just wanted you guys to know that from what was shown on your own JCR website, and numerous other websites “quadratec, amazon, sneveys, jeepsarelife.com, roco4x4, ebay, amazon, etc, I feel like I should have gotten what was shown in those photos. I’m currently in the process of building a TJ-6 out of my 97TJ and I’m on a deadline for Easter Jeep safari this year. I purchased your product specifically from the photos found all over the internet and your website in hopes of being able to mount Factory rubicon/Sahara Flares and keep the sleeper look that I have been going for. Never did I ever see a photo of a rear corner guard without a flare from JCR with anything other than a round factory style opening. Let me know if there is anything we can do. Thanks for your consideration.

Brooks

Good morning,

I gave you a call and talked it over with you guys and I realize you don’t sell these anymore and its not really a concern of yours because I was just one guy buying a set of rockers and corners, but I had shopped around through numerous other custom companies that cut corners, along with looking at Poison Spyder, TNT, Genright, and others. I chose JCR because the corners were shown with a standard wheel opening in the TJ and LJ corner photos and the description of the LJ stretch corners just stated that “adds 4” to front edge”. The silver jeep with the trapezoid cutout is shown as the image for most of the fender configurations. It also said to call for custom orders, which I assumed is what was shown on the Silver jeep in the one photo with the full trapezoid cut out under the flare. Is there any way we can work something out so that I can get a LJ 4” stretch version that just has the standard wheel opening? I discussed buying the flare for these, but at nearly $300 it doubles my cost on them, and they are steel which is heavy and gets away from the whole point of spending additional funds on the aluminum corners. If I’m shit out of luck I guess I’ll accept it, but I just wanted you guys to know that from what was shown on your own JCR website, and numerous other websites “quadratec, amazon, sneveys, jeepsarelife.com, roco4x4, ebay, amazon, etc, I feel like I should have gotten what was shown in those photos. I’m currently in the process of building a TJ-6 out of my 97TJ and I’m on a deadline for Easter Jeep safari this year. I purchased your product specifically from the photos found all over the internet and your website in hopes of being able to mount Factory rubicon/Sahara Flares and keep the sleeper look that I have been going for. Never did I ever see a photo of a rear corner guard without a flare from JCR with anything other than a round factory style opening. Let me know if there is anything we can do. Thanks for your consideration.

Brooks
Well...I guess you could be reasonable first....then go ham....

That sucks Brooks. I am going with the Savvy blanks I think for the CJ. Most reasonable priced aluminum blanks... Since Stout Fab isn't making any right now...
I was going to go through stout fab, even called and talked to him, but when i found the JCR rockers, I wanted to get the corners that would fit perfectly with them.

From JCR:

Brooks,
We have always cut our stretch fenders with an opening to match our fenders. Here are photos that show that. We don’t even have a cad file of an LJ stretch with a factory wheel opening.
IMG_2353.JPG

IMG_2350.JPG IMG_2351.JPG IMG_2352.JPG

Brian,

All of the photos of a corner that I could find anywhere online were shown with a round hole cut. I would have thought that the silver jeep is a custom job. In your last image 2353 below from scerbfab, it even shows the same thing. It shows a round hole in the LJ corner. I realize the sliver stretched LJ shows a trimmed corner under the fender, but that photo is used across the web to represent all of your corners, even the TJ non stretch corners. Take a look from the same website you quoted.

scerbfab.jpg

Either way, it seems like you guys are set that it’s not an option and never was and that I’m wrong. I was just very disappointed and felt like I was misled. You guys make some awesome stuff. Thanks.

Brooks

well I decided last night that I would just mount my flares a bit higher and it would hide the entire wheel opening that was cut. But what I found was that these corners seem to be bent about 1/4" to far back. It puts the corner overlapping the door jam.
I'll post some pics.