Guzzy Build

well I decided last night that I would just mount my flares a bit higher and it would hide the entire wheel opening that was cut. But what I found was that these corners seem to be bent about 1/4" to far back. It puts the corner overlapping the door jam.
I'll post some pics.
While it may seem like thats a super big deal... You can likely take a trim router and a flush trim bit and recut the edge to match your door opening.

JCR sure isnt going to win much business from his forum moving forward.

My dads wanting a rear bumper/tire carrier for his JLU. He already has their front bumper. I'm going to point him to a different direction depending on how they fix this for you.

If anyone wants to come over tonight and make sure me and Davis aren't doing something wrong feel free. I'll be out in the garage all evening. David and I both wasted about 3 hours last night mucking with them trying to get them to fit.

On a good note, I did get the 231 rebuilt and got the new oilpan gasket put on.

Flare doesn't look too out of place Brooks. Are you planning to run flares up front though? I'm a little jealous of you progress. We were on a cruise last week and i've been sick this week so hoping to get back in the shop after work today...

Flare doesn't look too out of place Brooks. Are you planning to run flares up front though? I'm a little jealous of you progress. We were on a cruise last week and i've been sick this week so hoping to get back in the shop after work today...
Yeah, I'll be running sahara/rubicon flares front and back. I have tried to work on it whenever I dont have Ava, but life gets in the way a lot. I'm hoping my progress is enough to finish by april.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
If anyone wants to come over tonight and make sure me and Davis aren't doing something wrong feel free. I'll be out in the garage all evening. David and I both wasted about 3 hours last night mucking with them trying to get them to fit.

On a good note, I did get the 231 rebuilt and got the new oilpan gasket put on.
What did you do to the 231?

I’m going to see how soon I can get some savvy corners here and likely ship these back to JCR. I got the rear frame all buttoned up with the new body mounts and the relocated body mounts. Primed and painted. David fit the doors to the new tub and then disassembled them for paint. I miss placed the new pilot bearing at the work day evidentially so after pulling the old one out with the loaf bread truck I had nothing to replace it with. Ordered a new national that should be in today from advance auto. Hopefully I can get the trans and clutch and all assembled tonight with the new pilot bearing and it will be done.
EC6E9C9F-B627-4DA3-BADC-15480ED96977.jpeg 24626EF0-CD4B-45EC-992C-F67984884E5F.jpeg AA334500-7CAF-4189-868E-93F8A422EFF2.jpeg 8C2F2F4F-81BB-44B0-9B8C-0136479006DA.jpeg 4069336C-77FE-4785-9150-AFBA6EFE8326.jpeg FA265727-4859-4C2A-8803-03263AEF8861.jpeg 4E1EDE41-E9F9-4A7E-893B-751BC23F4066.jpeg

Well.... Just ordered some Savvy Blanks to fix this corner conundrum. I'll be sending these JCR corners back unless someone wants a good deal on them. They could be trimmed to go on a TJ or trim the front edge 1/4" and would work perfect on an LJ.

$350 if you want them. Original Price $569+shipping

Hopefully going to pick up a back seat in Lexington tonight. Does anyone know if the TJ and LJ brackets are different? Actually I know they are different, but I'm not sure if they interchange. The LJ brackets seem to be one Long bracket on each side, while the TJ brackets are 4 individual brackets.

I'll be camping this weekend with Ava and Emily in Aiken State park. We have an open site next to us thats free if anyone is feeling like camping this weekend. My corners should be here monday! woop!

Installed the new clutch and flywheel and finally bolted the transmission back up to the motor. Finished the Corners, and with a ton of help we sanded the whole body tub, hood, grill and sliders to send off to paint. Thanks to @LBarr2002 for the trailer ride to the paint booth last night.

I have been wanting to do a rear antirock swaybar for the last 10 years and I finally ordered one today. Time to get that fit too.

no real pictures to report today as we were skint back this weekend slinging sandpaper.

Still need to sand the front fenders, tailgate, and windshield frame.

Also PSA: Never spray paint anything you think you may one day have professionally painted, its all got to come off. Spent way too much time sanding off the color match red I did my doors in about 6-7 years ago. Made it through one of them, but still have to finish the other one. ED3146CC-715C-433C-A185-8BBE97B11AB6.jpeg