Dana 44 tech

Make sure you read the fine print on the shaft warranty. I bought Nitro shafts and they are covered for life for any failure other than a u-joint failure that breaks the shaft ears. Not a big deal as I picked up some Longfield 300m joints, but just make sure you know in case there is a similar restriction on yours. Being that they only cover the first replacement they might not have that restriction.

Ill pull a pic of what mine looks like. The guy I bought it from had run it in an xj with upper on passenger side so the way he mounted the brackets causing some frustration for me. The way brooks did it looks good though.

There's some other brackets ill have to find not on my phone that I'd look at too. They mount and push your axle forward a little.

thanks for the pics guys. I was talking to marcus and he said he is still using the stock track bar location with his cross over steering. and he said he doesn't have any bump steer and the track bar is really close to in plane with the drag link. So i may try to do that. Cause that would save alot of hassle of where to put the track bar. And i can't imagine there is that big of a difference in the way mine will be set up and how marcus's sits right now.

Last edited:
thanks for the pics guys. I was talking to marcus and he said he is still using the stock track bar location with his high steer. and he said he doesn't have any bump steer and the track bar is really close to in plane with the drag link. So i may try to do that. Cause that would save alot of hassle of where to put the track bar. And i can't imagine there is that big of a difference in the way mine will be set up and how marcus's sits right now.
i wouldnt do that. since he had high steer how many times do you think hes had that thing on the interstate and hit a bridge connection at 75?

and its really simple to setup with the trackbar mount to be correct, look at the last pic of my jeep. There is no reason not to do it right if your going to spend the time to do it.

i wouldnt do that. since he had high steer how many times do you think hes had that thing on the interstate and hit a bridge connection at 75?

and its really simple to setup with the trackbar mount to be correct, look at the last pic of my jeep. There is no reason not to do it right if your going to spend the time to do it.
i guess that's true too...

01tj

Never was on the interstate with the 44 in it. Hahaha now that I think about it only been on the interstate 3 or 4 times since I've owned it, other than on a trailer. I wouldnt say my trac bar is incorrect either.

Barnes also makes panhard bar mounts. Hit me up, and I can get you them cheaper than advertised.

http://www.barnes4wd.com/Trackbar-Mounting-Brackets_c_32.html
yeah i was thinking about ordering everything i needed from barnes. PM me your number david.

thanks for all the links brooks thats how i initially was planing, but wasn't sure how much room i'd have with the coils under there. and did you have your coil buckets centered over the axle? or were they slightly forward of the axle? also i'm guessing you made your shock mounts just attached to your LCA mounts?

yeah i was thinking about ordering everything i needed from barnes. PM me your number david.

thanks for all the links brooks thats how i initially was planing, but wasn't sure how much room i'd have with the coils under there. and did you have your coil buckets centered over the axle? or were they slightly forward of the axle? also i'm guessing you made your shock mounts just attached to your LCA mounts?
the coil buckets were forward of the axle just like stock, and I made shock mounts using a long bolt welded inside the coil mount box steel that extended back and the shock slid on... similar to how a rear XJ shockmount is on the axle. It was just a stud with a nut.

Talking to David about placing an order with Barnes for all the link stuff, and bought a Chevy flat top off a guy last night. Still is gonna need machining though. Where would y'all suggest to go? I hear tommy Glenn used to do them, but people aren't sure if he still does?

Talking to David about placing an order with Barnes for all the link stuff, and bought a Chevy flat top off a guy last night. Still is gonna need machining though. Where would y'all suggest to go? I hear tommy Glenn used to do them, but people aren't sure if he still does?
there are some companies on pirate, but I cant remember who.

when I was at clemson two guys used this company:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dana-44-Fla...Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fec398d8&vxp=mtr