Dana 44 tech

I have the combo brackets from ballistic on my 44 and they send the control arms straight back. I'm hoping with the angled frame mounts it will solve the issue as how i had them mocked up they would be all up in the way of tires. With them on the driver side of the axle it crowded thats for sure.

I have the combo brackets from ballistic on my 44 and they send the control arms straight back. I'm hoping with the angled frame mounts it will solve the issue as how i had them mocked up they would be all up in the way of tires. With them on the driver side of the axle it crowded thats for sure.
the control arm mounts on the ballistic kit are angled not straight back. I have installed 3 of those kits and they all work fine on a waggy 44, you just have to trim some of the cast and you need to use the passenger mount on the drivers side and vice versa in order for the distance between coil mounts to be correct.

the control arm mounts on the ballistic kit are angled not straight back. I have installed 3 of those kits and they all work fine on a waggy 44, you just have to trim some of the cast and you need to use the passenger mount on the drivers side and vice versa in order for the distance between coil mounts to be correct.
so the balistic kit as in the ones marcus posted correct?

Last edited:
They're angled at 5 degrees, excuse me. Mine came already on the axle welded up and there is no removing them and reusing the mounts with how you'd have to cut them off if i was to want to move them.

Barnes makes a control arm/shock bracket http://www.barnes4wd.com/Axle-Link-Mount-Shock-Combo_p_260.html

And a coil spring mount although not all together http://www.barnes4wd.com/Coil-Spring-Bucket-Centered-Pair_p_96.html
those barnes coil buckets dont put the coil spring far enough forward, it sits well over the front of the tube. You can make them out of 2x4 Tubing as well. I did that on my 44 when I had coils.

01tj

IMO it would be more work to do coilovers by the time you cut the coil buckets/ shock mount off the frame and build shock hoops/ engine cage.

Agreed. And cost a heck of a lot more doing it too.

I'll grab a pic or two of those mounts on my 44 later or tomorrow to give you an idea. I think they definitely do the job, just little room on such a narrow axle. And if I recall correctly you don't have to weld the Trackbar mount onto them when putting together.

It may cost a bit more but you could pick up the things your lacking from partsmike.com or completeoffroad to get brand new stuff.

Why not cut some coil mounts off a d30 and just make your own control arm mounts. the coil mounts already have the slope in them for the bottom coil to sit in so your coils don't always looked goofed.

not complicated......

Why not cut some coil mounts off a d30 and just make your own control arm mounts. the coil mounts already have the slope in them for the bottom coil to sit in so your coils don't always looked goofed.

not complicated......
That's true. May do that...

Any one know anything about these? They don't look bad and that warranty is great.

http://completeoffroad.com/i-139571...me-moly-axle-kit-w-spicer-u-joints-24138.html

Says call for manufacturer. So I would assume USA standard at that price.

Last edited:

01tj

RPM quoted me 575 shipped for Yukon Chromos with Spicer Joints shipped to my door. They have gone up since I got the ones I used to run.

pulled the trigger on some chromos, install kit, new inner seals, and 4.56 gears today. Got it all from complete offroad. Great customer service with great prices. Those chromos posted above are yukon chromos.