BlueAF Gladiator Build

Dropped the JT off at the dealer last week while I was in San Diego for work and had them do my second oil change, tire rotation, fuel filter and perform the TSB for the Bottom out. I'm happy to note that after the TSB there is no more bottoming out. It has a bit less floaty feel and rides great even over big bumps now. This is how it should have come originally for sure. This is with the 1.5" teraflex budget boost still installed to make up for the heavier front bumper and winch. I'm happy with the updated suspension for sure.

Headed to Big Bend in April and wanted to put on a skid that I know I have needed since I bought the truck.

The diesel fuel filter hangs down as low as the frame rail and is one of the first things to drag on the truck. I hit it on the first trip we took the truck on to the Daniel Boon Backcountry Byway. At that time I didn't know what it was.

1678376710563.png

Potential damage

1678374525649.png

So I just ordered an ASFIR fuel filter skid to fix the problem.

1678374482627.png

1678374745254.png

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Those of you other grampas that have a shell on your truck, did you wire lights inside? if so, did you put a switch in the shell?
I had the harness to do it, but never did. My fancy grandpa truck had under bed rail lighting so it wasn't as critical.

If possible I'd put it on a courtesy light or puddle light circuit so you can remote activate it, not sure the Gladiator has that. Would need to make sure it doesn't come on with running lights or anything.

Ideal situation would be a 3 position switch for manual control or courtesy.

Dropped the jeep off today for its last jeep wave oil change…. The exon Valdez has landed in the parking lot. You can’t make this shit up. image.jpg

this is where it was parked in the pickup area in the dealership service center. I’m pissed…:mad:

Dropped the jeep off today for its last jeep wave oil change…. The exon Valdez has landed in the parking lot. You can’t make this shit up. View attachment 23587

this is where it was parked in the pickup area in the dealership service center. I’m pissed…:mad:
Not worth the headaches. Never used the Jeep wave I just do them myself. Even though the diesel is a more expensive oil change I sleep better at night knowing it was done right! Lol

Not worth the headaches. Never used the Jeep wave I just do them myself. Even though the diesel is a more expensive oil change I sleep better at night knowing it was done right! Lol
Yeah that was my last one. Evidently when they are in a rush its easy to spill a lot of oil on the frame rail. I'll be doing it in the future. They did degrease it and pressure wash it after I brought it to their attention. The service manager did it personally. He said he had to do it 3 other times that week because the service guys had fawked it up that many times.

We had a mega bonehead at work that did this stuff all the time. Hes gone now. Luckily the guys back there now are pretty solid. Our CDJR store and body shop have a fantastic staff currently.