August 30 - September 3rd MCJ @ Windrock OHV Park

Just got a txt from Nick. Sounds like yall boys had some major carniage. He said broke front axle, drag link, rear output, rear d-shaft and U-joint, and the fire extinguisher went off inside Mean Green. All I can say is DAM!N. Hope there is video of the hammer droppin. Hate he destroyed the Jeep but he is always in the throttle hard.

I only took a couple of pics. I loved Windrock though. Can't wait to go back soon. This was definately the most interesting trip I have ever been on. It started on Rattle Rock as soon as we left out Sat afternoon made it up however far and broke a front axle outer, then the winch didnt want to work and then the castle nut ripped the threads off of the drag link end. After a couple of hours we were able to get her out and find a couple threads with another nut and botty rig up some sketchy steering to get us out. I cant believe it held. We drove 5 mph all the way back to the cabin listening to the spindle bearings disingrate all the way.
246.jpg
243.jpg
242.jpg

So after several hours of repair and a new outer 60 shaft, wheel bearing and spindle bearing we went back out Sunday am. Bubba broke a hydro line and it killed us for 2 hours.
251.jpg

Then we ran little schoolbus and it was a really fun trail, especially after a big rain. We had a little trouble getting the razor up it.
260.jpg

Then we got on the gravel road to hit another spot and boom. I looked behind me and the driveshaft was lying in the middle of the road. The welds holding the flange on the output shaft let go and the axle yoke spit the shaft out after banging the crap out of the floorboard. So then it starts pouring so we decide to head back to cabin to decide to repair or leave i there. We drove about 20 feet and then the motor sounded like *** before quiting on us. Knowing that the spectre cowl air intake is in a dangerous position for sucking water, I pulled the air tube and niagra falls fell out of it. It's still pouring and now we think that the motor is hydro'ed and my wife says, "could anything else possible go wrong?" Thats when I threw my seat back to get pulled and it discharged the fire extinquisher all in my junk. We all could not help but laugh our arses off. While looking at the output shaft we noticed that the d shaft had completely crushed the exhaust tube to a point where nothing could pass through it. This may be what kept it from sucking water thank god because it was slap full. We cut a hole in the exhaust and she fired right up. We did a night ride that was fun though, trail 22 and then out 21. Windrock seems to be awesome from the tiny little bit that I saw. I did win the sweatiest person award tho so not all was bad.

Well Nick, you know how to make light of a situation sir. Hate yall didn't get to see a bunch. Thats how my first trip there was. I would love to go back and am honestly sorta glad I missed this one now with all that wetness. It woulda brung the suck in the buggy to get poured on all day.

I think Nick and I had about the same amount of luck
the first day i cut a sidewall in my left rear.
the second day i demolished a passenger side shaft
the third day i busted a brake line from a downed tree and had to go from school bus to camp with no brakes
i also go a ton of body damage throughout the weekend, i hit the passenger slider so hard that it crushed the body and the passenger rear door doesnt open now

I think Nick and I had about the same amount of luck
the first day i cut a sidewall in my left rear.
the second day i demolished a passenger side shaft
the third day i busted a brake line from a downed tree and had to go from school bus to camp with no brakesi also go a ton of body damage throughout the weekend, i hit the passenger slider so hard that it crushed the body and the passenger rear door doesnt open now

Ouch. Bet that was fun.