'99 MJ Trail Rig

Got the driver side door and fender on. started the passenger side. it still needs some adjustment. Also through a driveshaft on a drove it around the neighborhood. First time Ive drove it since I tore it down.

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

Got the cab painted today. Now just throwing it back together. Will probably get the bed on Thursday or Friday and get everything buttoned up over the weekend. Hopefully will head over to the DMV monday or tuesday to get a tag for her and get her on the road!

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

Got the rest of the cab painted yesterday. well kinda the driver side fender gave me fits. something was on the fender when I went to paint it so I had to strip it down and start over so thats only thing left. Got the bed on last night. A buddy of mine came over and help me maneuver that massive thing back onto the frame rails. Wont be too much longer now till I have her on the road and get some miles on her as a '99.

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

Got the tail lights all wired up today. Set it up like the XJ tail lights Brake on top, turn signal in the middle and reverse on the bottom. However the top two bulbs share the parking lights.

Parking light:
IMG_1275.jpg

Turn signal:
IMG_1276.jpg

Brake light:
IMG_1277.jpg

Modified the 94 Dakota tank I had. Installed a vent neck and a roll over valve. Was at Lowes the other day for some other things and was snooping around and found some pvc parts that I figured I could make work. Now I just need to find a hose to connect the filler necks together then install it.

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

Got the tank in. Fits all like it should. Drove the Jeep around my neighborhood. feels like it should. then again I can't notice a whole lot under 20mph. I have come to the realization that Im not going to make my goal of taking the truck on the Christmas trip we have every year. It just needs too much and I just cant afford what it all needs at the moment or at least before the trip. So Im just going to slow down a bit. Move the goal to around april and try and take it on the opening weekend at Uwharrie. So we'll see. Cause right now it needs a front axle (thats non disconnect), steering box, a few things for the interior, exhaust system and windshield. here is a picture of it outside the garage for once.

IMG_1379.jpg

Finally got back to the Jeep today. Got the door switches worked out.. was a bad ground. Still need to get an exhaust and windshield. Might be getting a set of 33x10.5s from a friend. So while I had time on my hands today I swapped two 33x12.5s off my dad's Jeep just to see what it would look like.. Looks pretty badass in my opinion. I like it lot. All it really needs is a coil spacer up front.

IMG_2703_zps85527634.jpg

IMG_2704_zps6c01af94.jpg

Flexin a bit:
IMG_2708_zpscf6085bb.jpg

Leveled out:
IMG_2706_zps13ad49fe.jpg

That is maxed out front up travel and no rubbing:
IMG_2712_zpsba3c1721.jpg

And back in the garage:
IMG_2714_zpsa9383e3c.jpg

Installed some coil spacers on the MJ this afternoon. Got it all leveled out and looking good. Should be taking it to the muffler shop sometime this week to get an exhaust installed.

IMG_3094_zpsc73edfa3.jpg

IMG_3097_zpsc6ca28c3.jpg

IMG_3100_zps864c2342.jpg

Took the MJ on its first journey on the big streets today. Took it to my friend's place up the road a bit so we can take it to a muffler shop in the morning. Only one major problem I found, it has a major case of the death wobble. I believe its due to a wore out steering box but only time will tell.

Dropped it off at the muffler shop this morning. Not real sure what is going on it.. I just told the guy to put something on that wasn't too loud but still noticeable. Should be picking it up in the morning.

Got the exhaust done today. Told the guy I wanted something fairly inexpensive somewhat, quite but still having a tone to it.. He chose a turbo tube muffler with a catalytic converter. I think it turned out great. Its not as loud as my XJ but still you know its there which is what I was going for.

IMG_3134_zps3c8a340b.jpg

IMG_3135_zps552ec5f1.jpg

IMG_3136_zpse789ed41.jpg

th_IMG_3125_zpsdbc614f1.jpg

What speed and conditions did the death wobble happen at? It's usually my experience that death wobble happens due to a trac bar issue...
under 35mph. My XJ's death wobble was due to a bad track bar. There is a ton of play in the steering box. Its the first thing Im going to replace, then the track bar and the steering.