'99 MJ Trail Rig

Got the first 2 coats of primer on before I finished for today. This is probably how it will sit for a little while. Next main thing is the fuel pump assembly. Will be ordering the adapter rings early next week after I get the gears done on my Cherokee.

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

Took the 35" spare from my cherokee and rolled it under the bed's fender well to see what it looked like. About 3" too tall but I think it looks good!
IMG_0762.jpg

Finally got a good set of taillights! I was going to do bed armor/LED housings and probably still will but these will let me get the truck on the road sooner so Im excited!

IMG_0794.jpg

Bed has been painted. I was going to go with inca gold but since the bed is beat to hell (you can't tell it in the pictures) and i didn't and couldn't find a decent bed. I just went with a desert tan. A lot more cheaper and easier to do.

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

Well started prepping the frame for the new plates. Took the radiator back out, pulled the steering box and started stripping the paint and gunk off. Unfortunately I found that the crack was bigger then I had thought. But that is most likely going to get fixed next weekend. I also found the old front shocks from my XJ that came with my 4.5" lift. I installed one to see how it fit and I like it. I did some experimenting and with a slightly longer bumpstop its perfect! Just enough up travel and TONS!! of down travel. The main reason I did this is that Im not going to be able to have time nor the money to have the manche lifted by time the Christmas trip comes around and Im taking the Comanche no matter what. SO.. Im going to try and make it the best no lift on 31s off roader I can for now.

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

At ride height:
IMG_0969.jpg

Max up travel:
IMG_0995.jpg

Before the added bumpstop:
IMG_0998.jpg

5" short of being max down travel:
IMG_1001.jpg

Finished painting the front clip. I think it turned out pretty good. Also went out and pulled a Dakota tank. Still need to go back and get the pump assembly. I was fooling around in the garage yet again and might see away to do a dual tank. Since I have kinda decided to turn this into a expedition rig since Im keep my Cherokee, dual tanks would come in handy. It would be done with an 97+ XJ tank. After doing some test fitting and taking some measurements it should work and be about the same clearance as a XJ. I will have to move some of the brake line mounts but thats about it. The hardest part of this will be the switches and what not. I wont be doing this anytime soon but when/If I do I'll do a full write up on the whole thing.

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

My buddy came with his role back friday afternoon and we loaded up the manche and took it over to his place to get the welding done. Got the crack welded up and the plates welded on. We ran out of gas and he had so other work todo so we might try and get back to it this evening to get the new hinge plates welded on. Welds a purty but they'll hold lol

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

Instead of just pushing or pulling it when you weld, add some motion, like clockwise circles if your going from right to left or counterclockwise circles from left to right and it will lay the bead down better and make a stronger weld. You can also jack it back and forth (if that makes sense) to get kind of the same effect. You can still drag it like downhill but i try and put some motion in it, even if its just wiggling my hand, it will make the bead lay down.

Looks good though. Ive always like MJ's.

The Jeep is running on its own now. Got the tank and pump all worked out. Went to the junk yard to get a pump and the tank I pulled to get it was out of an 02 Dakota and was not the pump I was looking for but after looking at it I saw that I could make it work so I just grabbed the lot. after I rewired the connector hit the key and... the pump didnt work. after some investigation turns out it was a ground issue. I still need to figure it out but I ran a separate temporary ground just to see if I could get the jeep to run and it did..

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

The hardest part of this will be the switches and what not. I wont be doing this anytime soon but when/If I do I'll do a full write up on the whole thing.
I custom wire, and install accessories for a living. I'm a mechanic by trade, but got caught up in a specialty. Where are you? Close to Columbia? I can help ya out with a custom dual tank controller. Should be fairly straight forward really.

I custom wire, and install accessories for a living. I'm a mechanic by trade, but got caught up in a specialty. Where are you? Close to Columbia? I can help ya out with a custom dual tank controller. Should be fairly straight forward really.
Im up in Greenville. I'll have to hit you up when Im ready to do that mod. Ive been thinking about the switch set up and it its been killing me but it'd be great to get some help with that.