OSCAR 5 Black Mountain Offroad Park April 28-May 1, 2016

OSCAR5-BANNER1.jpg

Banner is almost ready to print, Stickers came in Yesterday! Funnel Cake Fries are Delivered this week! Boy we are getting close. Registration closes in 5 DAYS!

We decided OSCAR before that was announced. They should have scheduled around us. We are clearly more important.

But on a serious note, I don't think many if any here would be effected by that.

Already registered. Shoot, after yesterday the buggy is loaded up and strapped down. All that is left is to grab the tools, spares, and fuel. I might even try to fix the CB so I can hear people.

Who wants to come repair my ram mount this weekend? Time to get the buggy ready, after a year of sitting.
That is what I just went through. Mine has been sitting since we took it out and beat it down in the snow. The rear driveshaft let go and met up with my oil pan. Then to make room the oil pan jumped over and introduced itself to my crankshaft. The crankshaft was not in the mood to be an extrovert and beat the **** out of my oilpan. Got all that stuff fixed and saftey wired that driveshaft in. Hopefully it will stay in this time. All that is left is to bolt up some body panels and my rear skid plate. Then we will see if it is ready for another beat down. It also got a new winch rope after it snapped one in windrock. Synthetic line might be easier on my hands but I swear it sucks for longevity. This is the third line I snapped and I have never broken a cable.

So, is there any sort of game plan Nick? I will miss Thursday so need to get a lot of riding in on Friday/Saturday. I will have Shannon with me so it will be a new experience.

Are we vetoing Das Loco Barn? I would like to be on the trails early in the mornings. We will see how that goes though.

Just for shits and giggles whats this sound like for a GP? To anyone who wants to tag...

Friday:
Hit trails no later than 9 AM.
Whitetail
Railbed
Fish Fossil
Steel Hill
Lower
Lower Damnation
Middle
Upper
Jagger
Your Turn
Crawfords Cry

Saturday:
Mason Jar
Lions Den
Any trails up that way on the way to/from
Back to camp for BBQ

Would be nice to make sure Mason Jar gets hit early. Every year it turns into a CF at the entrance.

Last edited: