Your drive to work

My drive in the morning wakes me up. I cut through all the neighborhoods instead of the insterstate so the constant stop and go gets me up. Sometimes I'll stop and get a coffee if I'm not running late or need it.

People give me Starbucks gift cards all the time...for whatever reason.

I like to be early, on everything. I just need to know that I'm about 5 mins earlier than what I am facing and I'm fine. If I'm "behind" then I'm very anxious and assy. When the alarm goes off, I'm typically on my feet within 30 seconds and moving. My wife likes to be exactly on time with everything, and leaves no room in the morning schedule for "float" time.....but for me that means everything has to go exactly as planned or else you're late. She sets the alarm EXACTLY enough of when she's leaving to make it out the door EXACTLY when she has to.

If I start the day "behind" then I feel like I never catch up the rest of the day.

One of the latest sayings is "If you're 15 mins early then you're on time, If you're on time then you're late." For me, it only needs to be 5 mins or so.
This sounds exactly how me and my wife are, it drives me nuts haha

I've got a 50-55 minute commute. There are about 5-6 different routes all within a few minutes of each other so I mix it up a lot. It sucks in the winter but I enjoy it in the summer.

I've got a 50-55 minute commute. There are about 5-6 different routes all within a few minutes of each other so I mix it up a lot. It sucks in the winter but I enjoy it in the summer.
I will second that. I enjoyed the weeks this summer when it was nice out and I left the top off.

I wake up around 6, shower if I didn't the night before, grab a bite, I HAVE to eat breakfast before work. Leave between 6:30-7 depending on how many patients or paperwork I have that day. Usually a red bull, either silence on the way to work, or I listen to Continuing Med Education on my phone so I don't have to do that **** later. my drive is about 30 mins through the country to Clemson, which is about as good as it gets.

I subscribe to the theory that if you are on time you are late. I respect my patient's time, so try to be as prepared as I can before I walk in the room. This usually means I am at the office 45-60mins before my first patient so I can review the charts and lab orders.

I'm a morning person so I'm awake as soon as I leave the house.

I have three different alarms depending on how much planning I have to get done before my kids get to class. I HAVE to be at school by 8:00. I usually shoot for 7:30. My alarms are 6:15, 6:30, and 6:50 and usually I go with the 6:30. Got a 25-30 minute drive to Easley. I take a shower every morning and that is what wakes me up, its like my coffee (I can't stand the taste of that crap). Today I hit snooze a few times, got out of bed at 7 and walked into class when my kids were... oops.

I wake up around 6, shower if I didn't the night before, grab a bite, I HAVE to eat breakfast before work. Leave between 6:30-7 depending on how many patients or paperwork I have that day. Usually a red bull, either silence on the way to work, or I listen to Continuing Med Education on my phone so I don't have to do that **** later. my drive is about 30 mins through the country to Clemson, which is about as good as it gets.

I subscribe to the theory that if you are on time you are late. I respect my patient's time, so try to be as prepared as I can before I walk in the room. This usually means I am at the office 45-60mins before my first patient so I can review the charts and lab orders.

I'm a morning person so I'm awake as soon as I leave the house.
What office do you work at in Clemson?

I haven't been in forever but is that the same office as the one that used to be on college avenue right before downtown? Or are they two seperate facilities. I remember the one on college ave being AnMed too. Dr. Edsall is my physician, have an appt on the 27th.

Formerly the same office. The oldest doc who owned the building downtown retired and AnMed wanted to own/operate the building. He wouldn't sell to AnMed, and instead is doing a deal with winkopp to put another huge building downtown. So the practice moved out to tiger blvd. since there was already an urgent care here, we didn't have enough exam rooms for the number of docs. There happened to be an opening at the Pendleton office, so Edsall moved over there, which is good for him since he lives in Anderson. He's a good friend of mine, helped me get the job.

Formerly the same office. The oldest doc who owned the building downtown retired and AnMed wanted to own/operate the building. He wouldn't sell to AnMed, and instead is doing a deal with winkopp to put another huge building downtown. So the practice moved out to tiger blvd. since there was already an urgent care here, we didn't have enough exam rooms for the number of docs. There happened to be an opening at the Pendleton office, so Edsall moved over there, which is good for him since he lives in Anderson. He's a good friend of mine, helped me get the job.
Ahh good ol Dr. Dukes right? He was around our high school a lot when I was at Daniel.

Ohh and to stay on topic... I hate mornings. Wish work started at 9.