Your drive to work

So, after this morning I had a thought for this thread...

First off as many of you who have been on a wheeling trip with me know, I am NOT a morning person. I have about a 20-25 minute ride to work each day (if I am going to the office) and 3/5 days I am such a zombie in the morning I typically don't wake up until I get here I don't think. This morning I was in such a daze that I couldn't remember if I turned the electric heater off in the house. Now, this is on a typical work day. When I have to be in the office at 8 AM.

On days when I am in the field on a site, I sometimes have to be as far out as Chester at 7AM which means I leave the house at 5AM. On those days I am wide open as soon as my feet hit the ground. I get around the same amount of sleep no matter the night as if I have to wake up early I try to prepare for that and get to sleep earlier.

Anyway, just thought I'd see who else shares my morning troubles. I seem to do better if I fix a cup of coffee before I leave but half the time I am such a zombie when I get up I forget to turn the coffee pot on. The struggle is real I tell you.

on a typical day, I get up around 5:30, leave the house at 6:15 and get on the bus at 6:30 to arrive at work at 7. I pretty much sleep the whole bus ride and I wake up as I walk up the 5 flights of stairs to my office. Days I drive in, the 30 minute drive wakes me up pretty good. I have found that my zombie status mostly depends on how late I go to bed.

If I could somehow convince myself to get up before the last possible second I think the odds would be more in my favor. Somehow I just can't do it. Alarm starts at 6:30, I roll out of bed at 7:10-7:20...teeth, electric razor, shower, clothes, haul *** to Jeep....Takes me about 10 minutes to get ready.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
My alarm goes off at 5:45. I usually get up around 6:15 and leave the house at 7:00. Commute is 35 miles, normally takes 45 minutes to the parking garage, then 2 block walk. I think I wake up on the walk...

When Burgundy was working we rode together most days. She would drive to her office while I slept, then I would continue to my office. I miss that.

I like to be early, on everything. I just need to know that I'm about 5 mins earlier than what I am facing and I'm fine. If I'm "behind" then I'm very anxious and assy. When the alarm goes off, I'm typically on my feet within 30 seconds and moving. My wife likes to be exactly on time with everything, and leaves no room in the morning schedule for "float" time.....but for me that means everything has to go exactly as planned or else you're late. She sets the alarm EXACTLY enough of when she's leaving to make it out the door EXACTLY when she has to.

If I start the day "behind" then I feel like I never catch up the rest of the day.

One of the latest sayings is "If you're 15 mins early then you're on time, If you're on time then you're late." For me, it only needs to be 5 mins or so.

Imagine being in your zombie state. Then when you get to work your chair(mines a recliner)vibrates for the whole shift, sometimes 12 hours. Feet kicked up and on a day like today heat on high. Takes struggling to wake up to a whole nother level. Like a IV drip of ambien.

Typically wake up at 415, out the door by 430. I get to work, pre trip my truck and get out the gate by 515 on a good day. Two hour drive to Greenville typically wakes me up. If the scales are open that definitely wakes me up. lol

I hate mornings. I use to have my phone alarm, phone by my bed, and one in the bathroom that went off forcing me to get up to turn it off. I've slimmed it down to just my phone and by my bed bc Melissa would complain whenever I'd let them all sing.

My alarm goes off at 5 and I pretty much stumble to the bathroom, brush my teeth throw my clothes on and hit the coffee maker on the way out the door. I've started to like the taste of coffee although I drink it for the effect not for the taste (keurig coffee taste like buttholes, although it is convenient). I listen to good or uppity music to get me jacked up and wake up on my ride into work, 20-25 minutes usually. I'm there by 6:00 or a few minutes after which is an he earlier then most. I kinda got the mindset the earlier I get there, the faster I get my worlds over with and can go home. I also use that extra hr to ease into my work and talk to the other early bird peeps as well as consume a nice Cajun filet biscuit from bojangles.

Diet mountain I've decided has crack cocaine in it so that may help you too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't sleep near what I should, like 6hrs would be good for me a lot of nights, I just can't fall asleep early and find more reasons to stay up then go to sleep.

I've read eating a tablespoon of almond butter at night will help you wake up in the morning. Also not dreading waking up makes it better.

I didn't realize how bad ithey were until I had a regular cup of coffee this summer and went out and got another coffee maker immediately.

Yeah I was never a big coffee guy unless i was drunk at the waffle house. Then Shannon got a Keurig and i tried a lot of different stuff and could never find anything I liked. She got me a regular coffee maker for Christmas last year and her dad got me some bad *** coffee. I am pretty much a coffee snob now. I will turn my nose up at a regular cup these days.

You guys are nuts. I love coffee of all color and race and the Keurig delivers. Had some Bob Marley espresso this am. Tossed an aderral into the mix and BOOM! Happy Fricking Tuesday to me. I usually stick to Donut Shop but I got a variety pack for Kawanzaa so I had to get after it.

You guys are nuts. I love coffee of all color and race and the Keurig delivers. Had some Bob Marley espresso this am. Tossed an aderral into the mix and BOOM! Happy Fricking Tuesday to me. I usually stick to Donut Shop but I got a variety pack for Kawanzaa so I had to get after it.
Bob Marley and aderal. Thats some rock star **** yo. Your the ******* coffee king. Right ******* on man. Id p.i.m.p the **** out that concoction.

Trader joes has pretty good keurig coffee and the k-cup bottom itself has a filter on it so your not drinking hot plastic. It's also relatively cheap at $5 for a 12 pack. Which keurig coffee is ridiculously expensive too.