What did you do to your rc this week?

I could watch all his videos all day!

the willys is dang close to those old army test videos

[video=youtube;iIF-PRIeIMY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIF-PRIeIMY[/video]

Ended up ordering the black currie housings, hope they get here fast!!! Just got an email for vanquish and they already shipped them off. Feel like a kid at Christmas lol

Last edited:
Ehhh not really too sure, it held up all day wheeling then broke just running it in the back yard for a minute. Realllllyyyyyyy need to turn the drag brake down before the next time I run it! This this hauls tail now! Chad why would you ever want to run this on 4s lol

yea it held up on 4s for a while when i first put it all together. just since a couple months ago it breaks everything. i think i need to do some maintenance stuff and it will hold up for a little while again. but as of now mine won't be ready. i may fix all the broken stuff and sell most of the rc stuff. having the new car i can't afford to put money into this stuff right now. ill get another one day

I want to bring it to our group's attention that they do give scale points for different stuff, its outlined in the rules as -# points. Those will subtract from the penalties that you get for rolling over and hitting gates. Many people make their scale pieces or you can buy them, but I would highly suggest throwing some on for this event as it will help you tremendously in points.

Scale Points:
Scale points are to be awarded at 50% of a vehicles total value (rounded down if necessary) for an average 10 gate course.
Minimum/Maximum values are to be determined by the event organizers or local clubs.
Scale points will be applied to a DNF but not to a DNS.
*No items can be counted more than once unless noted otherwise*

Bed: Not available to tubers.
• Tube bed OR flatbed: metal -3, plastic -1
• Bed mounted headache rack or roll bar: metal -2 plastic -1
•Truggy/back halved truck: metal -4, plastic -2
(Must replace the ladder frame behind the cab with tube, and must extend past the rear axle pumpkin to be legal. The bed must have a roll bar hoop and integrated shock mounts. It also must be a structural part of the rear of the vehicle. (If your bed does
not meet ALL of the preceding criteria, it does not count as a truggy bed).Tube bed, roll bar, shock mount points not available in addition to truggy bed points.

Tuber: metal -8, plastic -4
A tuber consists of a complete body structure where the front, cab, and rear sections are comprised entirely of structural tubework.
Tube bed, roll bar, internal cage, and shock mounts points not available in addition to tuber points.
• Rigid metal/plastic body panels -1

Interior cage or exo-cage: (-3 metal -1 plastic) per row of seats or area where seats would be (vehicle doesn't need an interior to get these points). Cage must have down bars and cross bars in front and behind each row. Not available to tubers.

Tube accessories:
• Sliders: (both sides) metal -3, plastic -1
• Integrated tube shock mounts: metal and brazed/welded to frame -1 (per pair)

Body:
• Hard body: full -8, cab -4
• Drop bed : -3
• Complete custom built body: (metal or hard plastic, no lexan) full -4, Cab -2 (in addition to hard body points)
• Inner fender wells: -1 per pair

Bumpers (items must be chassis mounted and separate from the body):
• Bumpers : metal -3 each , plastic -1 each
• Stinger/grill guard: -1

Exterior roof rack/light bar (may only choose one):
• Roof rack: metal: -2, plastic -1
• Roof top light bar : metal -1

Interior:
• 3D interior: 1 seat -3, 2 seat (or bench) -4, 4 seat -5 (any 3D interior must include seat, dash, steering wheel and floor). A 3D SUV cargo area will be awarded an additional -1
• 2D/half interior: 1 seat -1, 2 seat -2, 4 seat -3.
• Driver/passenger must be human, scale sized adult figures. Only available if accompanied by an interior.
-4 Complete Figure
-3 Knees Up
-2 Torso Up
-1 Head with arms
-1 point for 3rd and 4th passengers (Kids OK for 3rd & 4th passengers)

Suspension/drivetrain/steering:
• Leaf springs (front/rear): -3 ea, -7 both.
• Multiple axles: 3 driven axles -3, 4 (or more) driven axles -5
• Chassis mounted steering servo: -5 (front) -2 (rear) *rear= Class 3 only*
• Functioning transfer case: -4.
• 3D engine: Must be in a reasonable location and appear to be powering the drivetrain of the vehicle (-4)

Realistic exterior items (max -6 pts): Items that are non-functional but you would see on a trail truck.
• Fuel cell, exhaust, jerry can, hubs on all wheels, steering stabilizer, disc/drum brakes on all wheels, mirrors(2), wipers(2), antenna, license plate, fire extinguisher, trail
tools (Hi-lift jack, etc.) first aid, etc. -1 each

Functional items (max -8 pts for all items listed below):
• Tow strap, -D-ring, Pull Pal, sand ladder, hitch, opening doors and hood, spare tire mount, etc. -1 each
• Headlights(2) and taillights(2) -2
• Winch -2 front, -2 rear (max -4)
• Full size spare tire. -3