well i think the time has come to throw in the towel....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna happen. I'm over it. I'm selling what parts I have and will return to finish it someday. Im not scrapping everything, just gonna some parts I've gathered to put toward a clean driver, not a strictly wheeler. If I lived at home, didn't have a girlfriend, or could justify a shop things may be different. But that's not the case right now.

It's easy to say that but David when was the last time you worked on your toyota? When was the last time you drove it or wheeled it? You have it sittig outside your house and never work on it.

01tj

I can see it would be hard to stay motivated when you have to drive an hour to work on it and don't go on a whole lot of trips. I agree with keeping the body and frame. You will be in a better spot one day and may want to finish it then.

I don't even know if I will make Oscar. It's the weekend after our wedding so ill hopefully be honeymoonin provided everything stays on schedule.

01tj

You know what they say about boats.......... The two happiest days with it are the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

B.O.A.T. Bust out another thousand.
Boats and Hoes...

I'm the same way with my land cruiser. Already bored with my tj, never get to wheel it and can very rarely justify putting any money into. Hell I about refuse to dump money in it. Hence why I have little to no interest in a 44 swap or any of that mess. Life catches up quick and responsibilities take over. With working a lot of weekends I find myself having a hard time dedicating my time I do have to cussing at a jeep in the woods. Maybe ill get a boat....
I work alot of weekends and alot of hours during the week. I understand the whole responsibilites thing, but It all comes down to if you really want to go wheelin' or not. I want to wheel so I wheel all the time. 2012 has consisted of working 50+ hours a week and wheeling about twice a month. I've worked more hours this year than I ever have and also wheeled a whole hell of alot more. Not hating, its just worked out like that for me, and its my only hobby. Bottom line is you just have to make time to go wheelin' if thats what your into.

Sell all of it, two days later you won't miss it.
Sounds like a terrible idea to me....

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what they say about boats.......... The two happiest days with it are the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

B.O.A.T. Bust out another thousand.
That's the truth. The steering shaft seized up on my center console, again, and its a $1,000 fix.

If your trying to find something that takes less money, start gambling, seems to be cheaper.

I have not missed my truck at all. Still enjoy looking at my online banking and seeing all that money. I sold it because i couldnt justify having such a rig just sitting and only getting used 2-3 weekends per year. Besides i can have just as much riding with matt in the buggy i helped him build and if he breaks it....well it wont cost me a dime.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Steve,

If you claim to want to keep the Jeep tub and frame for some later time, you may as well get a few of us together to finish it. You are this close now, why part it out and make it harder in the long run.

I think if you keep the tub and frame after selling the rest you will just sit on it forever or sell it eventually.

Please explain to me why we cannot put it together in a long weekend. If you cant take one weekend to get together with buddies and build your jeep, then you will have no time for wheeling and may as well buy a prius.

Why are you so against finishing it and wheeling it? You have people here volunteering to wrench on your jeep and help you get it together. :blah:

Wait till you fools get married. Then see how long it takes to get anything done.
Exactly this. Cate and I are basically married, live together, joint checking, share cars, ect and have a marriage coming up very soon.

When you are in this situation you no longer want to spend all your time and money on something that only interests you, you start to plan and save according to things that interest both of you and those things turn into the things that interest you more. In another two years or so kids will be thrown into that mix. With paying for two houses, saving to buy another house, saving for wedding stuff and all the other bills life throws it feels selfish tying up so much money in a toy that only I'm real interested in. I will always have something to play with it just not may be an expensive secondary vehicle. With ski season here I prob won't take a dedicated wheeling trip till late spring. Maybe ill do a wj with some rubi take offs or something....

Exactly this. Cate and I are basically married, live together, joint checking, share cars, ect and have a marriage coming up very soon.

When you are in this situation you no longer want to spend all your time and money on something that only interests you, you start to plan and save according to things that interest both of you and those things turn into the things that interest you more. In another two years or so kids will be thrown into that mix. With paying for two houses, saving to buy another house, saving for wedding stuff and all the other bills life throws it feels selfish tying up so much money in a toy that only I'm real interested in. I will always have something to play with it just not may be an expensive secondary vehicle. With ski season here I prob won't take a dedicated wheeling trip till late spring. Maybe ill do a wj with some rubi take offs or something....
I'm married, and have been for 2 years. I have certainly toned down my wheeling, but we like to make trips that both of us can enjoy. There is no reason to make it all about you. Why not plan trips that you can both enjoy? Yall act like once you are married your wife is going to burn your jeep to the ground haha.

Nah she loves the jeep. Just saying between skiing, the lake, and going to grandmas beach shack thing there's only time for 1 or 2 dedicated wheeling trips. She's all for keeping the jeep. It's me having a tough time justifying. The jeep isn't a bad daily driver but nobody can really ride in it with us. Once dogs are in it the room is gone and it smells like dog.

I'm married, and have been for 2 years. I have certainly toned down my wheeling, but we like to make trips that both of us can enjoy. There is no reason to make it all about you. Why not plan trips that you can both enjoy? Yall act like once you are married your wife is going to burn your jeep to the ground haha.
Trips are the easy part, repairs are the problem. Any ways, back to the towel toss, yea, yea, yea!!! Quittin *** loser

And back to your regularly scheduled program

Steve,

If you claim to want to keep the Jeep tub and frame for some later time, you may as well get a few of us together to finish it. You are this close now, why part it out and make it harder in the long run.

I think if you keep the tub and frame after selling the rest you will just sit on it forever or sell it eventually.

Please explain to me why we cannot put it together in a long weekend. If you cant take one weekend to get together with buddies and build your jeep, then you will have no time for wheeling and may as well buy a prius.

Why are you so against finishing it and wheeling it? You have people here volunteering to wrench on your jeep and help you get it together. :blah:

Damn yall are some consistent bastards.

I'll hold on to it all because it's not hurting anything sitting there. I need to get rid of some of the things im not going to use to get it out my way and free up some more money to put towards it. I've got a short list of what to get it rolling then a few more list of needs and wants to get it driving then wheeling. Living alone sure is costly at the end of the month, which doesn't free up much money for parts. I'm pretty much busy ever weekend from now until the last weekend of Jan, so i'm not sure when i will get to even look at it again. I need to build/buy trusses for front and rear and joints for rear lowers and i should be able to have it rolling, with heavy tacks i'd like to roll it out from under body to finish welding and reinforce frame. I have most of all the steel i need for it, need DOM for panhard. I shortened the weird arms i bought and warped the JJ housing on the rear lower, but have 2" to make new arms.

I went to look at and drove a 2000 sahara today and liked it a lot, very clean and well cared for, pretty much everything i would want except it has a 35. I told marcus earlier, i think that once i was to get out and get wheeling again i'd be more inclined to get my TJ done, may not make sense to most but it does to me and thats all that matters. Once melissa and i combine our lives together and i'm not the only one with the income and paying rent/bills i may be able to finish building on it. So...

Status
Not open for further replies.