Warn Trail Flares: Should they stay or should they go now?

what should I do?

• Total voters
The c-clip eliminator kit your talking about? If it was me, and someday it might, i would do the c-clip eliminator kit like baseline 4x4s. You eliminate the c-clips, make the axle 2" wider roughly without spacers, and get chromo 5 on 5.5 shafts. I'd rather do it once then regret not spending the money on it later.

I have 1" converter spacers on it now.... if i do the c-clip eliminator kit its back to the same width I have now... that doesn't help me. Right now with no spacers on the front the rear is 1" wider than the front...so I'm trying to narrow the rear back down to match the front.

right now its one inch wider in the back than the front... if I take off 2" worth of spacers and put on 2" worth of c-clip eliminator, then I will be right back where I'm at now.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
You know what my setup is. I have the c-clip eliminator. I have never noticed that the back is wider than the front (I know it is). But it is so close that only a person with a measuring tape and some time would notice. Why does it matter so much?

And I like the new/old look. Yes you will get wet/muddy. But I like the look. Maybe I'm biased.

yeah, its not a huge deal, I was just thinking if i could get chromo shafts and go back to the same width and have less tire sticking out of the fenders it would be a plus.

with the front spacers removed I think I could rock some rubicon flares and keep alot of my ATs under the flare, the mts will still stick out about 2 inches though.

one thing I noticed to, is I think with ford hubs on the waggy axle its actually narrower than a stock waggy 44 thats 6 lug. From my calculations, if the 8.8 is 59.5 then my waggy 44 is 60.5 and from what I have always heard the waggy 44 is supposed to be around 62"?