Uwharrie trail ride June 20, 21st

Hello everyone,

So is anyone ready for a trip? I have been talking to a few people about making a trip to Uwharrie National Forest for awhile, and well now that day has come. The plan is to be in uwharrie June 20th and June 21st. I would like to meet at 7am Saturday morning the 20th at the Pilot station off exit 92 on I-20 in Lugoff. From this location we can follow each other up a scenic route to the uwharrie national forest. Some will be trailering and some will be driving the choice is yours. From this point we will meet at the Eldorado outpost ( 4021 NC-109 Troy, NC ) trail ride for the day, then set up camp. I have reserved 3 campsites at the badin lake campground, this is already paid for. Trail passes are $5 a day, I am open to trail riding both days and then leaving Sunday afternoon however,I will leave that up to all that plan to attend. Please post responses if you plan to attend. I look forward to seeing everyone then.

Tow points front and rear are the only thing that's mandatory for this trip. We don't want to rip anyone's bumper off 😃👍🏻

More info can be found here http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/nfsnc/recreation/ohv/recarea/?recid=49284&actid=93

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, Art
706-464-4772
ajppsc69@yahoo.com ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433984455.436183.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433984486.781397.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ok ladies and gentlemen luckily I've called and reserved some campsites. There were only 3 sites available for that weekend. Of course I took all 3 we should have plenty of room to accommodate at least 6-8 tents and a camper in there too(Miller). These sites are already paid for, my little gift to you for attending. Please let me know if you have any questions.

i think we had the best weather up there for memorial day weekend, actually got chilly :) I hope the dust is not bad for you. Have a great time!!!

Thanks Dan

Please note we are staying at the badin lake campground, there is no power at these sites. There is restrooms and showers on the premises. Also we will be trail riding before checking in, due to check in being at 4pm. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Art, I'm most likely going to be sleeping on or in the JK. I can imagine it'll be dusty. Very little if any chance of rain next week and 95+ every day.

John Louise & Evette are going to come up early on Sunday. I am planning on going up with the group on Saturday and stay and wheel on Sunday also.

Looks like we are going to have a good group, cant wait to try the tj out, I have never wheeled anything that new. lol

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I'd like to join you guys for Saturday and maybe Sunday if that's alright. I'm in the Clemson offroad club (was in Harlan with some of you guys). If there's any extra cost you'd expect me to pay, just let me know; otherwise I'll see ya'll there at 9 on Saturday!

Last edited:
I'd like to join you guys for Saturday and maybe Sunday if that's alright. I'm in the Clemson offroad club (was in Harlan with some of you guys). If there's any extra cost you'd expect me to pay, just let me know; otherwise I'll see ya'll there at 9 on Saturday! My number is (803) 312-3906.
Sounds good we will see you at the outpost :)

Jean Louise & Evette are a go for Sunday. I told them the best place to meet Sunday morning will be at the Outpost. They have been wanting to get out and wheel with us, but they run the Belgium Waffle truck on Saturdays.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments