Uwharrie Christmas Trip, Dec 9-11

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
It's going to be cold, be prepared. As far as I know the burn ban is still in place also. Uwharrie has gotten some rain and more is expected next week, so that could change.

If the ban js still in place, does anyone have a portable gas campfire pit they could bring?

Last edited:
It's going to be cold, be prepared. As far as I know the burn ban is still in place also. Uwharrie has gotten some rain and more is expected next week, so that could change.

If the ban js still in place, does anyone have a portable gas campfire pit they could bring?
snow?

I bought the 10' hose and topped off my 20lb tank today. I am ready.

Typed on a phone where my fingertip spans across three or four keys creating lots of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

If only someone had a propane campfire.

Typed on a phone where my fingertip spans across three or four keys creating lots of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

I feel like it is going to be too bitter for Holly and me to sleep in a drafty popup. I plan to drag the Airstream with Holly following in the TJ. Also, I do have a covered, propane ignited, wood burning fire pit with screen sides, if that satisfies the burn ban. I don't have firewood though.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I feel like it is going to be too bitter for Holly and me to sleep in a drafty popup. I plan to drag the Airstream with Holly following in the TJ. Also, I do have a covered, propane ignited, wood burning fire pit with screen sides, if that satisfies the burn ban. I don't have firewood though.
No wood burning at all, but I hope that the rain this week will lift the ban. We'll see.

Miller, I've camped in mine below 30, and with a few ceramic heaters and a heated mattress pad we had no issues staying toasty.