Rubicon Case Question

Unbelievable. The guy confirmed the ratio tag to say 241or and 4.1. Guess what showed up and i was not there when delivered to deny? Yep 241j. I may need to ask a favor of one of you grey rock bound wheelers. This is typical ****. Someone trying to get over on someone. Annese out!
Dude thats fawked up. You aren't gonna have to eat that money are you??? I can get Brad to bring it back for you i'm sure. Holla tomorrow and let me know.

Nah I dont think I will have any problem getting my money back. I will call credit card company if so. I talked to the dude a little after 5 and he said he would find me one tomorrow even if from somewhere else and have this one picked up.

I totally expected it. It was priced as a 2.72.1. Its just a continuation of the windrock lucky streak but it will all come out in the warsh and soon enough you will be over here crushing brews helping me install one case or another. Knobby had the smartest post about actually seeing the ratio tag with my own stupid eyes. Live, Learn, Do Stupid **** Again,

If you look on ebay, every case says "Fits Rubicon" in the description to try and deceive folks. Every single one. His computer prob says something similar. 75% of Rubicon owners would probably not even know the difference and thats not a slam against Rubi owners just saying the majority of them probably don't go crawling.

Dude on hardline just sent me an email saying now he will ship it. I wonder what will go wrong next. I will keep yall posted as if anyone gives a rats terd.

Yea I recieved the TJ one. I posted a pic of it in the build thread I started. No telling when I will be able to work on it though. The other on was returned as well. It took my credit card company calling them before they picked it up though. After that, they were here the next day.

Refusing a charge to the credit company can usually get things rolling along! I have had to do the same thing before. I ordered a crank online one time, and got hit with a $200 core that they did not disclose or advertise. I ended up refusing the charge after all other avenues failed to get them to contact me. The up side was I got a $700 crank for free!
Glad it's getting worked out for ya.

Does anyone know if a Rubicon transmission mount bracket is needed to do this swap? Mine wont work, it hits the case and wont mount flush against tranny. I'm guessing that the Rubicon one is a little different.

01tj

Does anyone know if a Rubicon transmission mount bracket is needed to do this swap? Mine wont work, it hits the case and wont mount flush against tranny. I'm guessing that the Rubicon one is a little different.
Harry at Carolina Driveline did the swap for Wildman here on the forum. They may be a good place to call and see what they did.

TJ case. The Rubicon case has a larger ring around it to house the bigger planatery gearset. Thats whats not allowing my mounting bracket to sit flush against the tranny. Maybe its the fact that I have an AX-15 trans and it was prob never in Rubicons.

TJ case. The Rubicon case has a larger ring around it to house the bigger planatery gearset. Thats whats not allowing my mounting bracket to sit flush against the tranny. Maybe its the fact that I have an AX-15 trans and it was prob never in Rubicons.
that, and the rubicons had a much lower crossmember than the earlier TJs. I think the RE kit had a different skid plate for rubicons even.

Rubi TC was indexed a little differently, and that is what caused the needed extra clearance. It's a few deg. Lower than other TC. The size of the case is a little larger, but not by anything drastic.
The rubi got the low skid mainly due to drive line angle, not the TC. 03 is when jeep started using the 42rle auto trans. It's the longest trans ever put in a TJ. The OE rear DS is only about 14" long. If they didn't lower the drive line the rear shaft would explode just driving over a speed bump.

I have not noticed an indexing difference and i would consider the size difference to be significant as there is no way to make it fit under a stock skid without cutting the floor like i did or adding body lift or skid drop kit. Im concerned about my driveline angle for sure though. I will be installing a mm lift to help. Im also concerned about vibration because this case is straight slammed against the tub all over. You cant fit a piece of paper over it. Could it be indexed higher maybe?

I have not noticed an indexing difference and i would consider the size difference to be significant as there is no way to make it fit under a stock skid without cutting the floor like i did or adding body lift or skid drop kit. Im concerned about my driveline angle for sure though. I will be installing a mm lift to help. Im also concerned about vibration because this case is straight slammed against the tub all over. You cant fit a piece of paper over it. Could it be indexed higher maybe?
In my Toyota and most Toyota's for that matter the case will sit on the floor. You should be fine. Especially having a balanced driveline. If it does have some vibration that you don't like could you drop it down and put some rubber inbetween to obsorb some of the vibration?