Rubicon Case Question

Yea I only bis at last second. Matt, the core has been $100 at the salvage yards I have spoken with. I may just try to exchange my 231 for it. Reeds in Easley said nada to that though.

The rubicon 241 has a hall effect sensor for speed reading, so there is no gear. You would have to find a way to overcome the difference in the 2 types of speed sensors. The shafts are 1330 series joints, but I suggest getting the 1350 series shaft from Carolina driveline. The difference in shaft lenth for a rubicon and a standard tj would require some sort of custom shaft regardless.

I have a GPS speedometer so the speedo deal does not matter. I hope to re use my shafts but I guess we will see. Is it true that a JK 241 will work fine as well?

I have a GPS speedometer so the speedo deal does not matter. I hope to re use my shafts but I guess we will see. Is it true that a JK 241 will work fine as well?
be careful, I think all jk tcases are 241s and some of them are 2.72:1 so make sure if you get a JK 241 that it is 4:1

01tj

I know you can put a JK case in a TJ but like Brooks said they are all 241s. Some are 4:1 and some not.

Just to be clear here, all Rubi JK's have 4:1 correct?
Yes, all JK rubis have the 241 OR. Only issue you are going to have swapping it into a TJ is that the JK tcases have no hole for the speedo sensor nor a speedo drive off of the tailshaft since the JK speedo is run off of the rear ABS sensors.

On another note all JKs have a 241 tcase, but the rubi has the OR. So you might want to see the low range gear ratio tag prior to committing to buying a JK case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx for all the quality info fellas. Can I expect to see a flange on the back of this JK case as well?
It is a flange, but not the type of 1330 or 1350 flange that most of us use. The flange on the JK tcase is made to fit the retarded dana factory dshafts that bolt to the flange with like 8 or 10 10mm bolts. There are several companies, like JB conversions, that make or source cv yokes and flanges for the JK case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at the JB Conversions stuff and it looks like the ticket. It was hard not to just go ahead and order the flanges but I guess I should at least see whats already on this one when it comes in this week.

the guy with the 300 doesn't say what year it is and you can't tell in his pictures. 80' only d300's have the shorter style rear output with the small hole speedo drive. 81-up will have the large hole style similar to a 231 speedo gear so making your speedo work will be and easy swap. Some companies don't offer the hd rear outputs for the 80' only case.

At one time i thought jbconversions offered both style hd outputs, but i dont see it listed that way. Here you can see the difference in the stock output housing

Unbelievable. The guy confirmed the ratio tag to say 241or and 4.1. Guess what showed up and i was not there when delivered to deny? Yep 241j. I may need to ask a favor of one of you grey rock bound wheelers. This is typical ****. Someone trying to get over on someone. Annese out!