Ram-Rod

Big Girls 4 Prez!!!!!! Farva 4 Secratery!!!!!

Dude is that beast gonna be ready?????????????????
Plan on having it ready in March actually. All the "big" stuff will be done this week and hopefully I can put it all back in next weekend and then start plumbing/wiring. Then im on the home stretch.

Looking good Harvey. Ready to see this thing raising hell. See you scooped some fancy pants cable shifters, gave up trying to make something up?

Looking good Harvey. Ready to see this thing raising hell. See you scooped some fancy pants cable shifters, gave up trying to make something up?
Had no choice. The idea I had possibly would have worked but in order for it to work it wouldn't have looked real great since I couldn't close in the part above the trans tunnel easily. And it may have still not been right so in an effort to save time I threw in the towel and spent the $$

This is going to be a bad machine when its done son! Hell, its a bad machine sittin on links
Thankya sir. I am just hoping I can have all my parts back this week so I can put everything back together next weekend while everyone is off at Gulches saving it again and drinkin brews. Maybe everyone will feel sorry for me and come help after they ride...hahahaha

Oh she will be ready. I figure I have 2 Months before Harlan and would like to have it finished in a month. Puttin cam in in the morning, hope to have everything back in this week. Planned on having trans looked over by now but the guy doing it was hard to get in contact with. Dropping it off tom., hopefully he will look over it fast. We will see what happens though. If it's not done I have other options for a ride thankfully.

04d3bbe4.jpg

52b9b3ee.jpg

Minor setback on original motor install plans. The intake gaskets didn't get there in time so we will be putting everyting back in this weekend hopefully. George has one of my axles done so if they are both done by the weekend I will put them in first. Brian is coming back down with a newer LS1 intake Saturday and hopefully I can have everything in Sundayish.

d4d9d1af.jpg

We welded up a few welds on the chassis tonight that were unable to be done by the builder with motor/trans/cases in it tonight and smoothed everything out that wasn't smooth. Also notched the motor mounts for headers. The only block hugger headers I could find that came straght down required this. Beats having custom headers built though, and everything will fit nicely now.

This is my big stuff "TO-DO" list:
Put running gear back in
Wiring (I am saying all wiring here fans,stereo,lights,motor,gauges,etc.)
Plumb steering/remote oil filter/trans cooler/fuel system
Put axle shafts in and grease wheel bearings
Call Carolina driveline and have them build shafts $$$$
Brakes
Re-fit interior and mount

Lastly beat the damn it out of this thing

P.S. AN lines is expensive!!! WHEEEEWW. Ordered the rest of what I needed for the fuel system, trans cooler, remote oil filter last night.

You decided on a color for this thing yet? Maybe you could paint it up Redbull style so it will appropriately have wings when you yardsale this bitch off the mountain in Harlan. Plus monster is Redbulls bitch

You decided on a color for this thing yet? Maybe you could paint it up Redbull style so it will appropriately have wings when you yardsale this bitch off the mountain in Harlan. Plus monster is Redbulls bitch
Lol. I am gonna have it wrapped. It will be simple and tasteful though. Nothing wild and hideous.

7c89ba84.jpg

1651be7e.jpg

Motor and axles are back in. Hope to have the rest back in tomorrow and then start some wiring and plumbing. Then to tie up the MANY loose ends.

It's back on it's own weight, drive shafts in, air bumps mounted, axles finished (except for front gotta tighten spindle nuts). It's coming together now... We are gonna try to have the wiring mostly done tomorrow along with some other minor things on the list.

cd1bbfcb.jpg

216a8943.jpg

926da139.jpg

Barnes shaved diff kit is crucial. Didn't wanna have to machine the ring gear and it was cheap. Fit pretty shitty but we got it on the other night. No pics of it on though. Gives me 13.5" of ground clearance at the diff with 42's. I'll take it...

74f88234.jpg

This is sitting at full bump and front tire is just rolled up as I have not tightened the spindle nuts yet.

Naw the bolt pattern of the 14 bolt wasn't even close really. We had to do some hodgesification to it but shes on there now. Just hope she don't skeet like a college girl whe I pour the dope in her next week

Yeah, thats on the list of things to do. Didn't get around to it tonight though. Prob gonna be done to the rear cover some way.

The to-do list keeps dwindling down. Got the fuel system buttoned up tonight, steering cooler in place, and wiring finished. It feels good to say theres only a hand full of things to do before it can be cranked and driven. There will probably be a good days worth of tuning the shifters and tightening bolts next week and I hope to go ride somewhere after that.