Post your Picture of the day

Pitbulls have a tougher sidewall and hook up better than any BFG other than red labels, Ronnie's old truxxus or what ever hooked up pretty damn good too. Kevlars hook up just as good too, but the sidewall isn't much if any stronger.

Pitbulls have a tougher sidewall and hook up better than any BFG other than red labels, Ronnie's old truxxus or what ever hooked up pretty damn good too. Kevlars hook up just as good too, but the sidewall isn't much if any stronger.
Pitballs and hooking up better then a km2......i dont think so

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I don't understad why goodyear decided to change to the mt/r with kevlar. I had 2 sets of 35s and 1 set of 37s of the old style mt/rs with the dura puncture (whatever) side wall and never had an issue with any of them. Some of the other guys I wheeled with ran KM1s and were tearing side walls up right an left. Downside to the older mt/rs was that you had to heat them up to get them to stick on slick rock, which kind of happened anyway when wheeling in Moab (circa 2005 before the sticky compound boom).

I agree with Nick regarding the pit bulls. Between that, and the fact that most of their sizes come in only "super wide," lead me to never running a set.

One tire folks are leaving out of the equation here is maxxis. Radial treps are pretty tough and so are non sticky creepys (which I wouldn't run on a rig that is a DD unless you only wanted to get 10k miles out of them).

I also haven't really heard anything bad on the trail grapplers yet. The sidewalls look pretty tough on them.

But to be honest if I was looking for a tire for a DD crawler I'd be grabbing a set of the radial treps.

Sent from my Obama phone....

Clearly never ran a set. They hook up way better especially in wet conditions.
I have never ran a set because i have gone on trips with guys that had them with almost the same setup as me and was pulling cable all the time...say what you want but look at the facts on whos running what and it will point you in the direction that works...

Im not saying the sidewall on the pits might be stronger but that also why bfgs will hook and mold so well on the rocks....i 35in bfg blue label is very impressive also

01tj

A 35 blue label is probably the same size as 37 PBR. I'm not sure which tire I would run if I didn't run a red label. I guess it would have to be a sticky Trepador, but IMO they don't hook like a red.

Nothin hooks like a red...i am not a huge fan of the width of the 35 blue label but i wheeled for years with a buddy on them and they warm up quick and hook