Post your Picture of the day

Thats rediculous. They are G2 axles though right?
Currie center section, tubes and brackets which are then set up by G2 using their gears, shafts, and install kits with you choice in flavor of locker. I don't understand why currie thought is would be a great idea to use button head bolts to ensure the tubes stay where they are supposed to. Chase was telling me about a RJ that they had set up right before I went up. Ends up that they removed the bolts, trued the axle, drilled holes in the center section so you could use a case spreader (currie was saying something to the effect that .015 on new bearings was acceptable and to just beat the carrier back in), and then welded the tubes to center section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gotcha. I was thinking years ago when I read Petersen's and thought RJ's were cool that Currie did everything and then I saw them advertised as G2. Did no reading up on them. That just ads to how re-todd-id the price is.

But hey, they do look cool.

Yeah, the price is a bit outrageous along with the bright idea to offer a high pinon, semi float, rear axle for a rig that can easily weigh between 5-6k lbs. Not to mention the tails of guys with mildly built JKUs, with stock drivelines, bending currie's 40 spline semi float shafts.

Here a pic straight from Currie's website that shows the bolts on the JK iron RJ rear:

JK-RJIIIR.jpg

Looks they might me changing things around a little for their new RJ 70 housing, but they say that the final product might differ:

But for the price of any of those custom built units you could build quite a few pimped FF 14 bolts . . .

palmettotr.jpg

Did the Peak to Pomaria section of the Palmetto Trail friday evening. 13.4 miles on a 40lb Freeride bike. I parked at the Peak River access, and did an out and back to Pomaria. The weather was great!

How was that trail? Would you do that section again? What kinda bike
its all just double track mostly gravel. This was the 4th time I've done it. Its not bad, cool to see some of the old trestles. You can easily bike it in 2 hours with some stops and breaks. I did it on my bike. its a heavy biatch.