Post your Picture of the day

Finally using the 4Runner again:

28562975390_41011b4013.jpg 0728161542_HDR by Max Thomason, on Flickr

Kinda at a crossroads with this vehicle. It would REALLY benefit from a new set of tires. However I'd prefer to get a brand new set of BFG K02s under full warranty...and those aren't exactly cheap. Also stick with the stock rims and tires. I've seen pics of the 2nd gen trucks with newer, larger rims on them. Not really a fan of how it looks. The issue is if I'm going to keep the truck or do something different. It works fine but I can always turn a wrench on it.

I got my KO2s from NTB when they had a "Buy 2, get 2 free with installation package" sale. The package includes 1 year road hazard, 1 year alignments, lifetime balancing, lifetime rotations and lifetime flat repair. For a set of 4 KO2 in 265/70R16 out the door price came to $748 bucks. The frequency at which they have these specials and what tires are on specials is quite random, so you would have to check often to get a deal like that.

Finally using the 4Runner again:

28562975390_41011b4013.jpg 0728161542_HDR by Max Thomason, on Flickr

Kinda at a crossroads with this vehicle. It would REALLY benefit from a new set of tires. However I'd prefer to get a brand new set of BFG K02s under full warranty...and those aren't exactly cheap. Also stick with the stock rims and tires. I've seen pics of the 2nd gen trucks with newer, larger rims on them. Not really a fan of how it looks. The issue is if I'm going to keep the truck or do something different. It works fine but I can always turn a wrench on it.
Sell it and get a 3rd generation runner, so much mo betta

I've wheeled with him a number of years ago. In his video from 2014 at Uwharrie, that was the tipping point for me with these trucks. My 109 clawed to the top of Daniel, the entire time, wondering when the transmission was going to jump out of gear or whatever...then wondering what my crummy brakes will do...or not do.

Then I saw him just roll up the dead center. No cares in the world, just rolling. I was sold after that.

Depends on what you are using it for. The runner is a little more "capable" but they are ugly, you cant see out of them, and they are under powered. The grand cherokee far surpasses it in overall driving experience, the hemi, the pentastar, and the diesel are great motors in them. If you are one that only keeps them under warranty then the diesel is awesome. The hemi is like driving a sports car, they are quick and sound awesome. The 03-09 4runner with the v8 was far superior to the current one. That 4.0 is just taxed in such a heavy truck and doesnt get better mileage. Be better off getting a lexus GX with the v8 if hung on a yota. They are close enough to the same price used as a runner.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Sounds like you endorse the Cherokee pretty heavily. My cousin currently has a Patriot and she's starting to think about what she wants next. Said she wanted a 'real suv' and was leaning 4Runner.

We had an 03 v8 Runner and liked it but we got rid of it around 120,000 miles because it was starting to have issues and smoked on startup.

Before my wife bought her JK we drove the 4runner. Underpowered, ugly, and everything is plastic.. we couldn't even find a 4wd model for under 40k.. I always thought I would love a 4runner, but I was highly disappointed after driving one.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Before my wife bought her JK we drove the 4runner. Underpowered, ugly, and everything is plastic.. we couldn't even find a 4wd model for under 40k.. I always thought I would love a 4runner, but I was highly disappointed after driving one.
I suggested a JK, but she rented a Cadillac SRX a while back and keeps talking about how much she liked it, so I don't think a Wrangler would be the way to go...