Post your Picture of the day

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438486636.687723.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438486657.420747.jpg

One of the nicest CJ-5's you will ever lay hands on right here. Todd finally got it delivered today. Now the Camaro will get more attention. He's starting a Cummins swap in a F-250 Outlaw this week. I'll post up some pics of it as if progresses. Should be a pretty sweet build as well.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I did some much overdue car washing this morning. It would have made a good 'Merica picture but the Jap and Aussie snuck in.
20150808_130302_zpsy9vjdzxe.jpg

And Nora helped.

Last edited:
That's a good looking jeep.

Crappy picture but picked up a new welder the other day. Not really a fan of Lincoln usually but I couldn't pass it up.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439288628.412509.jpg
Been doing some side work with furniture lately and been wanting a tig to have cleaner nicer welds that metal finish better, scooped it from a friend in Atlanta. Hoping to get a plasma next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a pretty basic machine as far as features go but I don't find pulse and all necessary, don't do much aluminum where most of that shines. It's a transformer based which takes a lot more juice to run but from playing with it Saturday a little it welds pretty good. I had a lot of consumables and all for it already and already had a bottle of argon which is both a large expense when buying a machine. I've wanted an ac/dc machine and been looking for awhile but never came across anything I felt was worth what I wanted to pay, got lucky with this one bc I knew the guy who had it, he had no use for it and I got it for a steal.

I'd love to have a tig machine to teach myself on. I'd also like to have a stick machine if you see something older laying around. I miss stick welding. Thats all we did in HS.

I'd love to have a tig machine to teach myself on. I'd also like to have a stick machine if you see something older laying around. I miss stick welding. Thats all we did in HS.
I had a older gentleman give me a older gasoline Lincoln a few weeks ago. I am in the process of getting it up and running again now. A generator welder is a lot smoother welder than a buzz box IMHO.

It's a lot of fun. Takes practice but I enjoy tig and stick welding a lot more then mig, mig is just a lot more practical for q lot of things. I had an ac/dc buzz box I ran a dry tig off of that worked ok but you can tell the arc isn't as stable with it over a tig machine. Welds a lot stronger, and easier to grind down when doing sheet metal work and doesn't pull out contaminations in metal like a mig does. You can find a machine like mine for a decent price as it's pretty basic. If I was to buy what I wanted I'd buy an inverter machine, I like millers but you can find an HTP or something like a longevity or everlast for a whole lot cheaper and are nice. A 200 amp machine is plenty for anything you'd likely want unless you plan on doing a lot of thick aluminum that you want to single pass. I try to single pass mig welds but I don't mind multipassing a tig or stick.

I'd like a generator/welder for all the things you can do with it but have never welded with one. Always heard they weld really nice. Old roommate of mine Pablo Paul has several nice ones that can do more then most people's home shops.

I have been looking at selling my big Miller 350 mig and going with Everlast machines, all the latest reviews have been good from what I have seen. Looking at Tig ,Mig and Plasma cutter from them, they have a good 5 year warranty.