OSCAR 4 Black Mountain Offroad Park April 30-May 3, 2015

Read an article recently about penetrating oil, a mixture of acetone and ATF is suppose to be the best thing to use. In a test it beat every other name brand of oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then the chemist dies of lung disease and his hands spontaneously combust from mixing it all up. Sounds like a meth lab experiment to me.

Read an article recently about penetrating oil, a mixture of acetone and ATF is suppose to be the best thing to use. In a test it beat every other name brand of oil.

We use a acetone and atf mix at work, works awesome!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Annual tow rig service done. Ready to hook up and roll.
Larry,

Feel like servicing another? I probably should do a quick oil change after rebuilding the engine. Fixing the exhaust leak would probably help too, but I am way to lazy for that this week. This will be the first true test of the engine build for both rigs. Dang, I should probably change the oil in the rig too. It only has a trip to Tellico since the rebuild. I guess we will all get to find out how well I did on my engine builds.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
My prep this year involved oil change and greasing the front end on the truck, and filling the windshield washer bottle. It is filthy inside and out and I had hoped to get time to clean it up, but that didn't happen.

For the samI I checked the oil (looks like new) and rolled around under it on the creeper with an adjustable wrench and pulled on some bolts. nothing I put a wrench on was loose, so good to go :p

Cleaning the tow rig is a job for the person that is taking your second spot. They should cover the cleanup and extra fuel to help offset the cost of the equipment. We can throw in the cost of repairing road side blow outs too. A perfect world I guess. My plan for cleaning it is to run through the car wash tomorrow and let them deal with it. My mom is in town visiting right now so I don't get any shop time until Wednesday night. That will be short lived because I have to get her to the airport at 4:30am tomorrow. I am not going to make it a late night after that nonsense.

I know everyone has different situations but I usually do all my loading and finial checks on the jeep through the week after midnight. My jeep was mostly built from 11 till 2:30am

OSCAR 4 SCHEDULE
Brought to you by Clemson 4wheel Center and OffroadSC.com

Thursday April 30th

- Trail Rides Throughout the Day

Friday May 1st

- 8:00 AM Registration Tent open

- 1:00 PM Group Picture at LOCO BARN, Check your map in your packet

Saturday May 2nd

- 8:00 AM Registration Tent open

- 12:00 PM Clean Sweep in Lion’s Den Sponsored by Carolina Driveline.

- 7:00 PM BBQ DINNER @ Evarts Campground

Sunday May 3rd

- Last Day to pick up Shirts and Packets. Last call at 10AM.

Local weather is saying off and on showers all day Thursday but only amounting to 1/3 of an inch or so. It was COLD up here in Lexington this morning. My last stop for work Thursday is in Irvine but I don't know what time I'll roll in.

So we leave tomorrow and this week I have been collecting all the prizes from the great Sponsors who help us put this event on. I want to thank all of them for helping support the offroad community! The Sponsors and Participants are what make this event so much fun every year! THANK YOU ALL!

11143722_873475336047475_5374327812737323112_n.jpg

Last edited: