One Car Too Far

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I'm surprised their primary sponsor "JEEP" allowed them to even attempt half of what they are doing on the stock axle. Just makes it look bad. I'm sure they cut out the idiotic stunt he did to actually break that rear, because the aired video didn't show anything that would have done it. But I agree, the special forces guy is awesome, but they could have found someone at the mall with more experience and more balls than Mr. Wu.

so do they have a different vehicle in the next show? was it a two part series with the jeep? I haven't seen any of the shows, were they separate destinations in the first and second shows? or was it a continuous trip?

01tj

so do they have a different vehicle in the next show? was it a two part series with the jeep? I haven't seen any of the shows, were they separate destinations in the first and second shows? or was it a continuous trip?
As far as I know its just the Jeep. Yea they were 2 seperate destinations.

I'm watching the Rainforest episode now......looks like a big PIA. And this Wu fellas experience is GHEY. I'm not sure how long this show will last.

And this special forces dude doesn't need some rice driving bozo to tell him how to look for wet terrain. It's getting pretty dumb as the episode goes on.

It does look like they took advantage of Southeast Overland's orange winch line sale tho.

Last edited:
I feel my iq dropping when i watch this show... That wu man needs to get back in his civic.... This show is so gay.. Its catered to these people who live in nyc who think its soooo extreme.. i mean come awn... Put Chuck Norris and McGyver in it.. make it interesting or something.. someone needs to slap Jeep in the face.... big time... who decends a hill riding their brakes and not using the engine braking....and how the hell do you break a 35 shaft coasting down a hill... And for god sakes its not a half shaft...its a rear axle shaft.. Its not a car, Its a Jeep... Im done with it.. ha

He's thinking in terms of his ricecar's front wheel drive. I've probably got about 20 more minutes in me before I erase it from my DVR. HGTV would do a
better job with this Jeep riding into the Lowe's/ Home Depot parking lot than these two d-bags.

Yeah I watched this the other day. Its a pretty awesome show other then the fact for that driver. Its like that Man, Woman, Wild show Discovery had but Mr. Wu is the Woman. Problem is Wu is not a Jeep driver. He as made his name with road cars in races like the Gumball 3000 and the Bullrun. I probably could handle a trip like this better then he could and would actually love to be in a trip like the ones in the show. What they should have done is chosen a true rock racer. Someone that actually knew what he was doing and had actual experience of trail fixes. That would have made a more interesting show, something that might actually have taught some people.

New episode last night,
So why did they drive through the river when the banks were clear? If its so critical to keep the jeep drivable you wouldn't risk the diff damage. Why make a plug wire from a stick? He had tape, so wrapping it heavily would have taken care of it.
Why not just ease down the 60deg incline, why all the block&tackle.
It's all for show, but I still watch it.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
New episode last night,
So why did they drive through the river when the banks were clear? If its so critical to keep the jeep drivable you wouldn't risk the diff damage. Why make a plug wire from a stick? He had tape, so wrapping it heavily would have taken care of it.
Why not just ease down the 60deg incline, why all the block&tackle.
It's all for show, but I still watch it.
I agree with everything you said. I turned it off and deleted it after the stupid twig spark plug wire (neat but totally not needed). That's the last one I'll watch.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
As soon as I saw the eggs I knew they were going to pull the egg in the radiator trick. Proves it's all staged, but there was some decent tech in this one.