One Car Too Far

Looks like a pretty neat series. But it makes me wonder even more so....why the hell did they ever use the Dana 35????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

01tj

Looks like they break the Dana 35 tonight according to the commercial. I'm gonna try to watch it to see what kind of ideas they come up with.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
They waisted a lot of time and energy. They had rope, they had an ax handle. They could have secured that wheel in with those and went right down the mountain.

01tj

They waisted a lot of time and energy. They had rope, they had an ax handle. They could have secured that wheel in with those and went right down the mountain.
No joke, they had everything they needed plus more I'm sure. I also liked how Bill Wu thought it was some kind of freak failure that the 35 broke.

Last edited by a moderator:

01tj

so how did they fix it? From the preview it didnt look like they had a spare.
They didnt have a spare, but they had a high lift and lots of straps. They could have rigged that up and got down the mountin alot faster than they did. They just would jack it up and push the axle shaft back in then go till it almost came out, and repeat. Then once they got to the bottom of the mountian into the woods, they cut a log to use to get them back to civilization. I thought they were going to strap the log to the tire and the Jeep to hold it in, but they took the axle out and straped the log underneath the Jeep to make a ski.

They didnt have a spare, but they had a high lift and lots of straps. They could have rigged that up and got down the mountin alot faster than they did. They just would jack it up and push the axle shaft back in then go till it almost came out, and repeat. Then once they got to the bottom of the mountian into the woods, they cut a log to use to get them back to civilization. I thought they were going to strap the log to the tire and the Jeep to hold it in, but they took the axle out and straped the log underneath the Jeep to make a ski.
oh, so they must have been pretty much home free when it broke?

No joke, they had everything they needed plus more I'm sure. I also liked how Bill Wu thought it was some kind of freak failure that the 35 broke.
I missed this episode but the first one let me down a lot. The SAS guy is badass but I feel like an open interview on pirate4x4 would of been 10000x better. Cool idea but could of been done a lot better I feel like. I'm surprised they didn't google D35 failure before the trip :la: