October 14-16 MCJ Camping Trip

We will be venturing out to western NC and eastern TN for our October Camping trip. Should be a great time. More details to come.

Here is a list of people that have shown interest so far.

JR
Brooks & Andrea
Larry & Burgundy
Greg
Linus (late saturday)
Shane
Jimmy and Julie

Who else wants to go.

camera3811.jpg

camera192.jpg

p8140043.jpg

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Burgundy's plans changed so if I can switch my on-call we should both be able to go. What time are you planning on leaving Friday?

Brooks just got your voicemail..I am down, but my jeep is about to leave to have some work done next week so it is really going to depend on cost of my repairs! I also would not be able to leave untill friday night or early saturday. I am not able to take off work.

Well, I'm already signed up for the free day at gulches, and I'm having to rebuild all my joints, replace all my bushings, and shocks. The kids are pushing for gulches so it's likely that's where we will go.
If anything changes I'll let y'all know!

Looks like I'm going to be heading up Saturday after the mud run. Should be leaving here around noon and linking up with you guys about 2 or 3 pm I'd guess.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We both have the day off and I switched on-call, so we're good to go. I'm going to try to get to PAP to grab some spare parts.

Do we need to make reservations anywhere?

They have 7 open sites at the campground in hot springs. I They have hot showers and bathrooms and such. I'm thinking that would be a good place to relax after the day of wheeling saturday.

Campsites are on the french broad river and they are $30 for each site, up to 4 persons, $5 each additional person 2 cars and $5 each additional car)

So I would say we could get two-three of these sites for sat night. You think the club could help pay for camping?

I went ahead and reserved 2 riverside tent spots. You can fit more than one tent on the sites and they dont mind so you just have to pay extra for extra trucks and more than 4 people per tent site. If we get a whole lot more people interested in the trip we may get another site, but I think 2 will do us.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
What forests/parks/etc. will we be in for this trip? Is that area considered Cherokee, great smokey, Harmon Den, or something else?

Edit: found out Cherokee is only Tn. so is it part of Pisgah?

Last edited:
Looks like I'm going to be heading up Saturday after the mud run. Should be leaving here around noon and linking up with you guys about 2 or 3 pm I'd guess.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Im not sure where we will be at that time on saturday is there a way you can leave any earlier

Kind of doubtful. I may have to miss altogether, I don't know really what to expect in terms of the event: finish time, parking, etc. Getting out of there by noon may be unrealistic.