O.s.c.a.r.3 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windrock is a gravel road trip to a few good obstacles. Harlan is a quick trip to the big boy stuff. Guess its all in what you want to do. If I had a good guide/group I would prob change my mind.

I'm going to Call Windrock Park and try to feel them out on having an event there. See what it would cost.

Here is a price breakdown on 2 people (Driver and Rider) for 4 days 3 nights:

Harlan:
Camping or RV - $20 x 3 nights = $60
Trail Pass - $20
Total for 4 days 3 nights = $80

Windrock:
Camping - $18 x 3 nights = $54
RV spot - $38 x 3 nights = $114
Trail pass - $17 x 2 people x 4 days = $136
Total for 4 days 3 nights = $190
Total if with RV = $250

Last edited:

01tj

Windrock is a gravel road trip to a few good obstacles. Harlan is a quick trip to the big boy stuff. Guess its all in what you want to do. If I had a good guide/group I would prob change my mind.
Theres big boy stuff at Windrock.... Just takes ya a minute to get there....

01tj

I'm going to Call Windrock Park and try to feel them out on having an event there. See what it would cost.

Here is a price breakdown on 2 people (Driver and Rider) for 4 days 3 nights:

Harlan:
Camping or RV - $20 x 3 nights = $60
Trail Pass - $20
Total for 4 days 3 nights = $80

Windrock:
Camping - $18 x 3 nights = $54
RV spot - $38 x 3 nights = $114
Total for 4 days 3 nights = $190
Total if with RV = $250
Once its all divided up either way it isn't bad. I never pay for a passenger to ride, and theres usually 5 or 6 people on a campsite. If everyone wants to go to Harlan I guess thats where it'll be but I'm just saying the cost isn't as bad as those numbers you posted.

Once its all divided up either way it isn't bad. I never pay for a passenger to ride, and theres usually 5 or 6 people on a campsite. If everyone wants to go to Harlan I guess thats where it'll be but I'm just saying the cost isn't as bad as those numbers you posted.
with camping not included: (2 people for 4 days)

Harlan:
Trail Pass - $20

Windrock:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Windrock also charges extra per person on camp sites if you're over 4 people I think, and they only allow two vehicles per site, where at Harlan you pay for your site and cram in as much as you want.

If the tow is an issue, you need to go the way we went up last time. Id have to look at a map to give directions, but it was easy for me pulling double.

Windrock also charges extra per person on camp sites if you're over 4 people I think, and they only allow two vehicles per site, where at Harlan you pay for your site and cram in as much as you want.

If the tow is an issue, you need to go the way we went up last time. Id have to look at a map to give directions, but it was easy for me pulling double.
Windrock Charges $3 per person after 2 people.

This is the route we took to avoid the hills on 26. It was not a bad tow at all.

http://goo.gl/maps/FDbGs

Is there anyone that wouldn't make it to Oscar if it was moved to Windrock over Harlan because of the price issue?

When you have thousands and thousands of $$$ in your trail rig and rc crawlers with gobs of $$ Into, I think a little extra money for trail/camp fees being an excuse is bullcrap. I'd pay more for a nicer camping space and shower.

I would gladly pay for either, as I usually do go to windrock each year.

My concern for this trip is making it Affordable for everyone that wants to come out to OSCAR 3. This trip is to get all the rigs and people from OffroadSC.com on the trail together. For me price is not so much an issue, but for some of these people wanting to bring a family it becomes an issue really fast.

Say a Family of 4 wanted to come to OSCAR for 3 days. Thats $153 more dollars just in trail fees to go to Windrock than Harlan.

I'm not sure how to handle this other than a vote by Supporters on the site.

I called and left a message with Windrock this morning asking some questions about a small event. I'll pass on the info I get.

01tj

Camping is now 25 a night behind the Dairy Hut, and I'm not sure the price on the weekend pass at Harlan but I know the year pass increased to 35 a year.

I would gladly pay for either, as I usually do go to windrock each year.

My concern for this trip is making it Affordable for everyone that wants to come out to OSCAR 3. This trip is to get all the rigs and people from OffroadSC.com on the trail together. For me price is not so much an issue, but for some of these people wanting to bring a family it becomes an issue really fast.

Say a Family of 4 wanted to come to OSCAR for 3 days. Thats $153 more dollars just in trail fees to go to Windrock than Harlan.

I'm not sure how to handle this other than a vote by Supporters on the site.

I called and left a message with Windrock this morning asking some questions about a small event. I'll pass on the info I get.
Just curious, how many families of 4 went to previous oscar events? I can't remember off hand what the difference in distance traveled is going to Windrock vs harlan but the fuel cost i would imagine would be cheaper going to Windrock. Obviously that all depends upon where everyone is traveling from.

Just curious, how many families of 4 went to previous oscar events? I can't remember off hand what the difference in distance traveled is going to Windrock vs harlan but the fuel cost i would imagine would be cheaper going to Windrock. Obviously that all depends upon where everyone is traveling from.
There were a few families who came up, and some with kids, others with just a wife. Its an event that could prove to be family friendly and I dont want to deter people from bringing friends/ family to the event because of price.

I'm waiting on some info from windrock as I type this. We may be able to get a deal for the event on camping and pavilion use.

Its no comparison with size, but the All4fun event we just got back from has an entry fee of $300 per vehicle and driver for the full week event and $50 dollars per additional person over 18, $25 for 5-17 years, and free for 5-under. There aren't any trail fees. In years past total attendees range from 300-800 people.

Just got off the phone with Brent at Windrock Park. Seems it could be a good opportunity for us if yall are intersted.

April is booked except for the April 4-6 Weekend. So I dont know if that is a deal breaker.

We can do Group Primative Camping at the Pavilion for $5 per person per night. The Pavilion does not have power but is wired for a generator with a 30amp plug.

Trail fees would be on everyone at the normal rate. We would have access to the bath houses and they also offer porta jons at the Pavilion for $63 for the weekend if thats something we wanted to add.

With This information, I feel like Windrock could be a good option because it does give us a great Location to have the group dinner and meeting.

What do yall think?

Status
Not open for further replies.