O.s.c.a.r.3 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah really that 10th is almost too late for college kids other than chad. Anything later than that before I'm done I can't go. The last two weeks are hell and the last thing on my mind is a big wheeling trip.

I really enjoyed the first weekend in april this year, it was a bit chilly but it made for some good campfire hanging out. It also made for good rhino in the river antics :grin:

I think if people would give winrock more of a chance it would replace Harlan as the go to spot. I've read they opened up more trails, the camping situation is alot better, the bathhouse isn't an over grown porta let like Harlan. I'm even headed to Harlan this weekend, but for my next few rides ill be at winrock. I've learned more and more each trip and its just a matter of time when I don't have to ride around trying to figure out where I am all the time. Once you can do that and see the amount of trails they have to offer there is no comparison. Period, all those little Bama parks, bang for the buck you can't beat it if you know the place. Then to say Winrock cost to much??? Seriously?? Most people have substantial money in their rigs, I don't usually see to many raggedy tow rigs or raggedy trailers. Then what $15-$17 a day to wheel is to much. How much does it cost to load up and drive just an hour to Gulches?
I don't have a dog in this fight so I could care less where it's at. All I'm saying is I think Winrock has more to offer as a whole package. And I completely understand the annual thing also.

I think if people would give winrock more of a chance it would replace Harlan as the go to spot. I've read they opened up more trails, the camping situation is alot better, the bathhouse isn't an over grown porta let like Harlan. I'm even headed to Harlan this weekend, but for my next few rides ill be at winrock. I've learned more and more each trip and its just a matter of time when I don't have to ride around trying to figure out where I am all the time. Once you can do that and see the amount of trails they have to offer there is no comparison. Period, all those little Bama parks, bang for the buck you can't beat it if you know the place. Then to say Winrock cost to much??? Seriously?? Most people have substantial money in their rigs, I don't usually see to many raggedy tow rigs or raggedy trailers. Then what $15-$17 a day to wheel is to much. How much does it cost to load up and drive just an hour to Gulches?
I don't have a dog in this fight so I could care less where it's at. All I'm saying is I think Winrock has more to offer as a whole package. And I completely understand the annual thing also.
I love windrock, more than harlan. But my logic is trying to get more people out there and Harlan is an easier sell because of the price.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
If it wasn't for OSCAR, I probably wouldn't make it up to Harlan. It's a great place, but I would go to Windrock instead, just because of the drive. But I think the trip and it being something that isn't done all the time is what makes OSCAR an event of interest. And the reason we keep making the event better each year is because it is in the same place. A change of venue will make things difficult. I vote for Harlan but do agree that Windrock is a nicer (maybe even better) park to go to.

I think Windrock is a great park, I'm simply just bored of it because I've been there like 10 times already. I've only been to Harlan twice. I know my way around Windrock pretty good though.

My biggest complaint about Windrock is that you have to drive down rough gravel roads for 30 minutes or longer just to reach a good trail most of the time. I have no issue with the permit price, pay to play after all.

Both parks are a 6 hour drive for me so that has no influence on my decision...

wow some of you people are on the computer a lot at work haha....I would like to see windrock because I have never been there..I like the wheeling at Harlan but the campground fing blows...I was just trying to ee if we wanted to try to get a big group of people out of the comfort zone and go somewhere different....I wish there were bath house at the campground after the gate I would def stay there instead of next to the sewer plant....if its a money thing I think that's kinda BS and agree with everything dean said....if no one wants to try something new well...Im going to hammer threw lions den faster this time!!!

oh yea just saying this looks pretty nice http://windrockpark.com/camp-ground/

All I got to say is y'all better decide soon for windrock or Harlan cause Im hoping Clemson offroad makes a big trip to one of these parks over fall break

Ding dong this thread is dead?

I'm guessing the break down of costs of Windrock and Harlan has been figured already, care to share those? How much more are you going to spend wheeling Windrock over Harlan?

As an OSCAR 1 attendee, and owner of an OSCAR 2 shirt and sticker, i think the invent is a great idea and you guys do a great job putting it on. I'm just a bystander, but a supporter of the forum, i'd love to make it to OSCAR III, but i have no clue where i'll be beginning of next year. Seems every time this question pops up it gets shot down then nobody says anything to back up or support the move...

To me Harlan is alot more expensive. But I'm starting my cost with my tow rig and trailer wear and tear. Harlan is the hardest on a tow rig and trailer brakes than anywhere I've ever been. Winrock is smooth sailing past Saluda grade. Campground wise is no comparison, Harlan is in town in a gravel parking lot next to Bobby Joes mourning doo. Winrock is up in the hills further away from everything with a nice shower house. Considering the daily pass at Winrock is more expensive than Harlan it's still cheaper at Winrock when you compare the amount of land and trails to ride.
I didn't post this to sway anyone's decision, just making a comparison for those that have never been to both parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.