My XJ's Big Boy Stage

Got the clutch assembly for the Detroit yesterday. Going to try and get it back together this weekend or sometime this week. Also drove up to Carolina Driveline to get a 1310 to 1350 bastard joint for my driveshaft to work with my 60. Well picked up the joint and some new yoke straps. Got home and went down to make sure the straps were the right ones. They weren't and looked a little big. Grabbed the new joint and did a test fit and what do you know. The yoke on the 60 was a 1310. So i'll be taking that joint back sometime soon..

Detroit Part
IMG_5762_zps39fb2ee8.jpg

Bastard Joint
IMG_5766_zpsef4fba7b.jpg

IMG_5767_zps78640957.jpg

Old TJ shaft I had laying around fit perfectly..
IMG_5768_zps308dd431.jpg

Last edited:
Got a few things done since my last post. first off it was brought to my attention that the yoke on the 60 was not a 1310 yoke even though a 1310 fit. So it was off to Carolina Driveline again. They luckily had a 1310 yoke for my 60 in stock and was able to mill it down for u bolts for me, still need to pick it up though. As always a great bunch of guys up there and recommend them to anyone looking for anything driveline related. Did get my detroit back together today. Wasn't as hard as I anticipated, thought the springs were going to put up a fight but not too bad. A little grease to hold the parts together and a slight bit of force and she was together. Pulled one of the drums on the 60 too. Found a lot of mud. Going to clean it up sometime and see what I have to work with. I know its not the best but going to try and reuse everything I can. Just need to save where I can just to get me through the Harlan trip in April and after that I can replace the bad or what I took a short cut on a little better. Also ordered my axle brackets today. Called up RuffStuff and Dan the owner answered the phone to help me out. Got what I needed ordered and my questions answered happily. Another recommendation goes out to them. Ive ordered from them before. They make great solid parts and are quite a pleasure to work with. Those should be here sometime mid next week just in time for spring break when me and a buddy of mine will be putting in a ton of work on both my Jeep and his.

IMG_5802_zpsb3bf5900.jpg

IMG_5785_zps088256e5.jpg

IMG_5786_zpse76f00da.jpg

another un jeep related post. But got the new steering on the truck. Real happy with the new set up.
IMG_5797_zps04413de2.jpg

Upper control arm brackets came in yesterday. Passenger mount is beefy! Even though they are from Crusty Rusty's, Im sure they'll work good. So far I'm pleased with the them but will know more when we get them on. The rest of the brackets should be on there way soon. RuffStuff sent me an email last night stating 1 or more pieces were on back order. Called them up today and found out it was just the rear leaf brackets so asked them to go ahead and send the rest so I can get started on them next week. Also yesterday was such a great day I couldn't pass up throwing the half doors on and drive a the Jeep for the day. Both me and a buddy of mine were showing up the parking lot at work lol

IMG_5835_zps8ca7f6dc.jpg

IMG_5830_zpse35b5937.jpg

IMG_5828_zps0a5dcac2.jpg

Cleaned up the drums yesterday and not too happy. Everything is pretty much useless. So made a phone call to my local advance advance auto and through the commercial account at my old job. I can get everything I need to rebuild them for about $225 or for around $250 I can have everything I need for disc brakes. So will probably be doing that, seems like it would be a waste to save 25 bucks.. Still don't have the money for any of it but its getting to close so its Harlan or Bust going for broke! Also brackets came in. Cant wait to get them on!

IMG_5855_zps44abfed7.jpg

IMG_5857_zps82ea8238.jpg

Then set it on fire.....Accidently..?
IMG_5859_zps546dd12e.jpg

IMG_5860_zpse8682270.jpg

IMG_5885_zpsb50a387a.jpg

All loaded up headed to the shop!
IMG_5896_zps31c60a1b.jpg

Looking good, so your planning to have it swapped by OSCAR? Hurry up!
Yeah thats the plan! Putting in a whole weeks work this week. On spring break so I'm pretty much free other then for work. Should have it done if nothing else pops up. Cutting it close with funds with all the work the truck has needed lately. Still need brakes and steering mainly other then that I have pretty much everything I need.

Got some work done today. Not much, got the brackets off the 60 and it all cleaned up also got some rotors on the D60 hub and them on to get an idea for what disc brackets I'll need to buy.. Every place I look tells me something different. Some say Dodge 60s need weld on and then some kits I see come with bolt on so I don't know what I need at the moment.

IMG_5902_zpsce66b42b.jpg

IMG_5904_zps94f6b604.jpg

IMG_5905_zps41fc2373.jpg

The right hub was just sat on the spindle. Forgot the bearing at the house so couldn't run the spindle nut down to seat it properly..
IMG_5906_zpsea875948.jpg

IMG_5907_zps65ea911a.jpg

Buy the weld on brackets...I bought the bolt on for my 70 and it was junk...if you ever decide to use cutting brakes it will rip the bolt on bracket right off..they used spacers and longer bolts so there was a lot of leaverage on the bolts

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Got some of the brackets tacked in today on the HP44, So far so good. Did have to modify the ruffstuff brackets a little bit to keep the factory link set up. Just had to cut the bottom corner off the coil bucket and incorporate it in with the lower link mount. Set the axle under the Jeep a little earlier and it looks like everything lines up. But won't be for sure till we get a little more hooked up..

IMG_5924_zps79003fcd.jpg

IMG_5925_zpsa5b6bac5.jpg

IMG_5926_zps943912ca.jpg

IMG_5931_zps412a0946.jpg

IMG_5930_zps4c2d326c.jpg

Deuces Turdy30! Its been real!
IMG_5932_zpsd9e8f218.jpg

Ok so had a little freak out moment this morning. Went to mount the control arms up and they were way off. I should have ordered the 10* mounts but after my short what am I going to do freak out. I knocked them off cut one side down and angled them myself. Came out pretty much perfect! Also got the passenger side upper tacked in. Taking the axle up Clemson 4 Wheel Center to have a buddy of mine that works there burn the driver side upper into the pumpkin. Im still a little worried about getting it all done but we'll see.

IMG_5933_zps7ced684f.jpg

IMG_5934_zpsf34295f6.jpg

IMG_5935_zps92a66629.jpg

IMG_5936_zpsced7a513.jpg

IMG_5937_zps42a67b50.jpg

Went up to Clemson 4 wheel center and the guy that was going to do my driver side upper just told me I should just run the passenger side and 3 link it so thats what I'll be doing just to get me through Harlan. Also went off to work today and came back to the shop with my brackets burned in! I know for sure the brackets aren't going anywhere so I'm happy. Will hopefully start on the gears tomorrow or Saturday then hopefully under the Jeep by late Sunday where it will sit till I get my steering.

IMG_5941_zps7064f80a.jpg

IMG_5942_zps1bd4bcaf.jpg

IMG_5944_zpsaf4188ec.jpg

IMG_5946_zpsf2237d21.jpg

IMG_5947_zps6237ca23.jpg

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that looks naughty now get to :mech:
Haha thanks! and I have been for the whole week! and won't stop till she's on the trailer heading to Harlan lol

Are those link mounts upside down and reversed?
Yeah, no they are how they are suppose to be. I raised them up a bit to gain some clearance and since my coil buckets are centered over the axle now it helped with me not having to extend my arms out too much.