My new change of pace

As of today I've officially put my resignation in at work to finish out the rest of the month at current tools as I've accepted a job working at a shop in Atlanta building hot rods and high end cars. It's a shop that a guy I know through a friend growing up started at the beginning of the year after leaving a well known shop out of Atlanta to go out on his own. I've known his wife for years and she knew I was interested in his work and after many failed attempts to go down to visit over the past few years, I met up with him late last year and told him of the possibity of moving to Atlanta this summer-fall time. Fast forward to two months ago he called saying his business was growing and he was in need of some help and asked if I would be interested, after explaining to him my lack of experience but desire to learn we set up a time for me to come down and interview/work together. Things went great and he offered the job to me but I didn't accept right away as I had to get the rest of my ducks in line to make this do able. As some know I'm getting married next month (damn how time flies) and since our first time talking about working together, everything has literally happened better then I could even hope for on mine and Melissa's end, her accepting a job Friday that would allow her to work remotely (from home) was the icing on the cake. So with hopes that one of the few houses work out that we're going to look at to rent, I'm hoping to be starting work sept 30. I'll be a welder/fabricator but pretty much doing everything. Looking forward to learning a lot from him.

He specializes in sheet metal work and is a bad *** with metal. He does about everything except paint and upholstery from my understanding but is looking to move to strictly higher end builds.

Here are some pics I snapped
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378257599.873202.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378257617.331715.jpg
Putting this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378257650.092954.jpg
Into this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378257665.328648.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378257691.957194.jpg

Awesome Steve. Get all good and learned up so when I start cutting on my Camaro you can come hand some quarter panels on that beeotch next year.

Thanks guys. I've got a bunch to learn but i'm excited about being given the opportunity. Adjusting to the big city life will be different but i'm excited.

Last time i was in his shop he had 3 LS swaps going on. I plan on getting some work in on the Jeep in a few months or so after i start getting some parts for it, although he said he'd have me in a hot rod in no time.

I'll try and keep throwing some pics up of stuff we do, but a lot of it is secretive. He posts up on instagram frequently for you guys on there MetalUnion

I don't instagram, im old skool. Does he have a face space?
To mainstream bro get with the times. I already found your Instagram anyways

Most of his customers now are ones he's carried over or made along the way, doesn't advertise more of the word of mouth type.

Yeah, I just don't really know how to work it. I spend too much time on here and schoolin' it these days to learn new time wasters.

Shop is in chamblee area right off peach tree industrial. If your ever in the area give me a shout and stop by.

Have a lot of things on the horizon as far as projects go, he wants to send a car to sema next year and is in the works of getting that ball rolling. We're going to some metal shaping meet at the beginning of October that some guys he knows is hosting and may go to sema in November. I'd like to sign up for some classes with Lazze to learn some shaping but there's a waiting list for it that I need to get on. The list of tools in the shop is quite impressive, especially being mainly a one man show, most of which are foreign to me now. I'm excited about getting down there and getting my feet wet so I can start acquiring some more tools, and Melissa won't be able to get mad about it. I've been drooling over a plasma table lately...

Shop is in chamblee area right off peach tree industrial. If your ever in the area give me a shout and stop by.

Have a lot of things on the horizon as far as projects go, he wants to send a car to sema next year and is in the works of getting that ball rolling. We're going to some metal shaping meet at the beginning of October that some guys he knows is hosting and may go to sema in November. I'd like to sign up for some classes with Lazze to learn some shaping but there's a waiting list for it that I need to get on. The list of tools in the shop is quite impressive, especially being mainly a one man show, most of which are foreign to me now. I'm excited about getting down there and getting my feet wet so I can start acquiring some more tools, and Melissa won't be able to get mad about it. I've been drooling over a plasma table lately...
thats not bad, thats on the north side of atlanta, you will be an hour away from some awesome stuff to do in North Georgia.

Also an hour away from some badass Ala-damn-bama wheelin'!! :cheers: Tell Fields to sell me that Dmax!!!
thats true, brings a lot of the bama parks and the Chattanooga area stuff into your zone. Less than two hours to Chattanooga.

Thats great to hear that Melissa got the job that lets her work from home. What field is she in?

She has her masters in higher education and student affairs. She took a job working for national headquarters of some sorority. It's all worked out well because Henry has been living at my parents house the past year because he is not much for apartment life or being left alone and with her being home he'll be better.

I know absolutely nothing about Atlanta really but seem to like the area the shops in. I messaged Max awhile back about his experience with Atlanta and he gave me a great run down about it. Looking forward to venturing into north Georgia some.

She has her masters in higher education and student affairs. She took a job working for national headquarters of some sorority. It's all worked out well because Henry has been living at my parents house the past year because he is not much for apartment life or being left alone and with her being home he'll be better.

I know absolutely nothing about Atlanta really but seem to like the area the shops in. I messaged Max awhile back about his experience with Atlanta and he gave me a great run down about it. Looking forward to venturing into north Georgia some.
Lots of good eatin' downtown. Too much traffic for this guy though. Will you be living outside the city and commuting?

Welcome to Atlanta!

You should do well as ATL has a HUGE car culture. The peoples in Alpharetta LOVE their cars. The first Sunday of every month is a giant car show up there. Great place to see all kinds of cool stuff from the past 100 years. Yes, guys roll up in 100+ year old cars.

As I've told others, just carve out your part of ATL and that is your home. That part of ATL is where a lot of the normal folk live so that is nice.

As others have said, lots of great wheeling around ATL. Roughly 6 places off the top of my head to go wheel at within a 2 hour drive. Bump it up to 4 hours and you double that number. Of course if you are like me and always have a broken down POS, that doesn't matter.

Anywho, welcome. Will PM you with some additional information in regards to housing. BTW if I don't PM you in the next couple of days, PM me. Might have a hookup for you.

Congrats steve! Atlanta has lots of rappers. You should be a rapper.
Yes. They all come do their music videos in my neck of the woods. I try to photobomb their rap video with my rover. For some reason the film on Tuesday nights!!??

Chamblee is pretty far for the...distressed areas...of Atlanta. Also next to Buford Highway. Lots of AMAZING authentic foreign food there. Went to a mexican joint, fortunately one my coworkers spoke spanish as we were the only people there speaking english. My goodness amazing food. Forgot the name of the place but hitting up other areas, same deal. Great Indonesian cuisine and the Japanese joints are always a hoot.

Oh and Buford Highway is where all the auto parts stores are. Also I think it is where all the used cars end up. You can find deals but you gotta sift through the junked up cars to find a decent one.

Max what area are you in?

We're coming Saturday to check out a few places, one if which is in tucker that looks pretty sweet. Housing isn't that much worse then Greenville compared to what you get for your money.

I'm actually near downtown. Near all the fun! I will see what is going on this weekend and will PM you.

I lived in Tucker for a while. Great place, just get away from the mall area and Stone Mountain Area. It gets rough over there.