Mountain bike riding

deano, have you ridden cedar rock and big rock trail on the SS? or do you have a geared bike also?
Yes, I’ve riding every thing there on a SS without walking. It’s a man card stamp for sure on those 2 trails though. I just swapped my SS to gears after about 3 years of SS only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your crazy man. What gearing are you running when your run SS?

I rode green river game lands last friday after work. Cool place with some pretty crazy downhill enduro bits and a hike to get back up. A lot of downed trees and the trails were marked but i was riding somewhat blind in places because it didn't look like anyone had ridden in awhile. Definitely a place to check out if your ever in the area. I started at the bishop branch parking lot and went clockwise. There was a huge kayak race saturday on the green river, looked pretty gnarly.

https://www.mtbproject.com/directory/8013357/green-river-game-land

I've decided to ditch the clipless unless i'm riding singletrack, way my bike is set up currently i've busted my *** several times in the slow technical stuff, i've got a huge bruise from busting it on my right leg at GRGL then again going down a very slippery big rock trail on sunday. Hoping to do a few things in the next couple months to improve my current set up and pick up a FS 27.5+ come spring or summer.

Your crazy man. What gearing are you running when your run SS?

I rode green river game lands last friday after work. Cool place with some pretty crazy downhill enduro bits and a hike to get back up. A lot of downed trees and the trails were marked but i was riding somewhat blind in places because it didn't look like anyone had ridden in awhile. Definitely a place to check out if your ever in the area. I started at the bishop branch parking lot and went clockwise. There was a huge kayak race saturday on the green river, looked pretty gnarly.

https://www.mtbproject.com/directory/8013357/green-river-game-land

I've decided to ditch the clipless unless i'm riding singletrack, way my bike is set up currently i've busted my *** several times in the slow technical stuff, i've got a huge bruise from busting it on my right leg at GRGL then again going down a very slippery big rock trail on sunday. Hoping to do a few things in the next couple months to improve my current set up and pick up a FS 27.5+ come spring or summer.
I’m running 32x18. But truthfully it’s not as bad as you would think because they are so much more efficient than a geared bike when it comes to climbing. I have a really strong group of SS riders here in gwd so pain is an every ride thing.

I’ll just tell ya I’ve only done Cedar Rock once on it. Thought I was going to rip my handle bars off. It isn’t a trail I regularly did.

You getting rid of the REEB? What you replacing it with?

I just set up my bike tubeless, bought a set of continental 29x2.2 trail king front/mountain king rear black chili protection for $35 off competitive cyclist. Was a pain to get the tire to seat properly but once i got one side the other went relatively easy. Haven't rode since i did cedar rock a few weeks back and hoping to get a ride in this weekend.

I doubt I will. I have a lot of money in it. It’s a hard sale. It’s a niche bike.
Cannondale Trigger.
I’ll give ya some advice on setting up tubeless. The end of your pump where the head screws off will except a 1/4 female quick connect. Then just hit it with an air compressor. 2.2’ s are small. Look at stepping up to a light weight 2.35 front and rear and your bike will feel way better. All that volume will let you run lower pressure, have more grip and give some Cush in the rear.

I previously had a 2.4 front, 2.25 rear on it and I like the bigger tires and volume but my rims are narrow, 19mm inner width and my front tire was ballooned. I’m wanting to bite the bullet and build another set of wheels with a 25-27mm inner width and new hubs and I’ll go back to a wider tire. I always ran a wide tire on front in my BMX days and like the way it handles. Ultimately I’d like to try a 2.5-6 on front an 2.4 rear if I can clear that with my current fork. I may order a 2.4 to swap on front and actually had that in the cart but changed it last minute.

I’m off the week after Christmas, if y’all end up in Greenville or WNC area I’d be in as long as I’m around.

I previously had a 2.4 front, 2.25 rear on it and I like the bigger tires and volume but my rims are narrow, 19mm inner width and my front tire was ballooned. I’m wanting to bite the bullet and build another set of wheels with a 25-27mm inner width and new hubs and I’ll go back to a wider tire. I always ran a wide tire on front in my BMX days and like the way it handles. Ultimately I’d like to try a 2.5-6 on front an 2.4 rear if I can clear that with my current fork. I may order a 2.4 to swap on front and actually had that in the cart but changed it last minute.

I’m off the week after Christmas, if y’all end up in Greenville or WNC area I’d be in as long as I’m around.

lets setup a ride.

Dont waste your effort building up a wheelset. The stans or American classic stuffs to cheap. AmClassic Wide Lighting will be the wheelset I buy next. Read up on those. Sub 1600grams, 200+lb rider rated. They are nice on a spec sheet.

I found this guy and was going to go with something he sold. You can pretty much get any wheelset built up you’d want and he’s cheap. Stan’s with hope hubs sub $600. Look at his store https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/401417789225

From my 2 quick jaunts at Paris I can tell my set up is more square now and a lot more traction. I do miss the big volume though and still playing with air pressure. I was running a Schwalbe Nobby nic on rear and rapid rob up front so not aggressive at all but fast rolling.

New bike looks good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk