Moab 2013

Well its not official and set in stone yet. but me and my buddy jake and his dad are planning to go to Moab in mid May. We are towin quadrupled out there, and the fourth spot is not fully accounted for yet, but its not up for grabs for anyone. Other people are more than welcome to tag along with us, so i figured i'd go ahead and post this up now so other people can start making plans too if they want to come. Dates will be set in stone soon as well.

Hope y'all can make it!

Last edited:

01tj

Everyone has always told me not to go during EJS, but I guess you are talking about going later anyways.

I would love to go to Moab. However I'd have to pull a Kirby and pay someone to trailer it out there then fly out to meet.

To be honest, if I've gotta put my rig on a truck and ship it out, I'm heavily considering just going to the Rubicon.

01tj

I would love to go to Moab. However I'd have to pull a Kirby and pay someone to trailer it out there then fly out to meet.

To be honest, if I've gotta put my rig on a truck and ship it out, I'm heavily considering just going to the Rubicon.
Yeah that would work out good for me to, so I wouldnt have to take as many days off work.

Did this trip this past May, amazing time. Drove all the way out there, wheeled for a week, drove all the way back home. Might be interested in going next Fall.

Did this trip this past May, amazing time. Drove all the way out there, wheeled for a week, drove all the way back home. Might be interested in going next Fall.
yeah seems if people on this site make it out there next year it will be in the fall. I'm pretty excited to go this may though!

well as more time has gone by, we are slowing making plans on what to do. We found a group of guys built very similar to me, Jake and his dad going to moab in early june so I think we are going to wheel with them. We still have a 4th spot on the trailer open. PM me if you are interested and need info.

Here is the tentative plan

Just to keep everyone in the loop who is planning on making this trip that my current plan (which is subject to change) is to head out to Denver, CO for either May 30th or 31st. Wheel Chinaman Gultch on Friday the 31st with Mike (Gspup). Mike (MO2500) will be meeting up with us on Sat June 1st to wheel independence trail and then Holy cross on Sunday June 2nd. After Holy cross we plan to drive down to Moab which is about 4 hours then wheel moab Monday June 3rd to Friday June 7th.

01tj

Man I wish I could take about a week of sick days so I could make this trip, and not burn up all my vacation. Sounds like it will be an awesome trip.

Man I wish I could take about a week of sick days so I could make this trip, and not burn up all my vacation. Sounds like it will be an awesome trip.
yeah i really wish you could make it, just call buy a plane ticket and tell work you got a planned sickness :cheers:

Wanting to keep this thread going....Wife and I went in 2010 to AZ and rental wheeled, then Sedona, AZ and Moab, UT in 2011, rental wheeling again. We are trying to hold on to the dream of going again in 2013, its what I am building the XJ for.

I can't afford the XJ and a tow vehicle, so we're considering a dolly tow behind her Explorer for the "flat country" and I'll just drive the XJ though the Appalachians, or we'll just take my '99 XJ.

I'm spending a lot of time getting the lift and steering geometry right so the XJ will still run 70+ on I-26.

Is this trip still happening? Looking for info from those who have "drove and wheeled" before. My wife and I are trying to hold onto the dream of making a trip to Moab this summer with a stop in Colorado, and wheeling my XJ instead of a rental JK.