MCJ Uwharrie Christmas Trip Discussions

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
How many people wold be interested in going back to Big Creek on Friday and then running the Uwharrie USFS trails on Saturday like we did last year? We need to let the Big Creek staff know as soon as possible, and we need 10 rigs to reserve. The trails have had some traffic on them now and the latest pictures look really good.

Depending on what we decide to do for camping/lodging, I'm expecting this trip to run about the same cost as last year. If we camp at Badin Lake Group Camp I think we'll be $20-30 per member for Big Creek, Uwharrie day pass, camping, and a meal or two. If we get a cabin, the cost will go up or cut back on extras.

So who's in?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We are confirmed at Big Creek for the 12th. Their price has gone up to $35 / vehicle, but there are more trails and I'm sure it will be worth it. We'll still be at the $30 or less for members, $50 or less for non members for the whole weekend. Jake, it will be the $35 for just friday.

We need to start a count, as the camping and food budget is based on total people. Please post if your coming (with vehicle), and how many passengers you're bringing.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Brooks, we were discussing last night if Burgy and Nora could come Saturday, or a night in a hotel, or something... Andrea could ride with her if she does.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Last year it was around noon Friday before we hit the trails at Big Creek, and we ran out of daylight. Scott said they would meet as early as 0800 to be on the trails by 0900. I told him that was too early since we'd have the drive up that morning.

Its 2-2.5 hours from the Camden Waffle House to Eldorado. What time would the majority be ready to leave from Waffle House? I'm thinking 7:00 so we could be on the trails around 10:00?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We need to at least do breakfast in camp to keep people from having to go to the outpost and to get to Daniel earlier. Something dutch oven one night.