Making the leap, need input

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Yes. I have the lift kit, bumpers and rock sliders in transit. I have the oil pan, gasket and skid already. I pick up my front axle on Wednesday. I hope I get the tires/wheels also (if not I will have to order them too) and I'm going to order the rear axle today or tomorrow. Going to put the armor, front axle and oil pan on this weekend. And hopefully everything else next week. That way I can take it out to Gulches for a test before the trip.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Ordered my 8.8 from East Coast Gear Supply today. I will be picking it up at the end of the day on Wednesday along with my front axle. I'm so excited. Now as long as all the parts come in on time, I'll be set. The only items left to be tracked is the Rusty's OffRoad HD Tie Rod and my TeraFlex Lift Kit. I doubt either of them will be in by this weekend, but that sure would be nice. The only thing left are the wheels and tires. Waiting to see if I can get that deal or not (I'll know tomorrow night). But I have a feeling I'll be ordering new. Keeping my fingers crossed.

talked to him last night, he finished the SYE and removed the Tcase drop and drove it to the meeting. His tires came in and he is going to get a driveshaft made today or tomorrow. So he is getting really close.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
OK, just a brief summary.

Sunday: Brooks, Larry and Linus all came over (THANK YOU VERY MUCH .... I OWE YOU GUYS BIG TIME) and helped. We managed to pull off a double axle swap in about 6 hours. Pulled the stock D30 from the front and replaced it with a built D30.
D30 Specs:
4.88 Gears
Lockright Locker
Warn Hub Conversion Kit
Warn Chromoloy Inner Shafts
Alloy USA Tube Seals
Custom Diff guard
GoFerIt Flipped Tierod Insert
Rubicon Express LCA Axle Brackets

Also pulled the stock D35 rear and installed a new 8.8 from East Coast Gear Supply.
4.88 Gears
Currie adjustable upper control arms with Johnny Joints
ARB Air Locker
East Coast's version of the Superior Super 88 kit. Yukon shafts and c-clip elimination kit.
Solid Diff Cover
TJ Brackets installed

Installed the new Currie front and rear bumpers.
While we swapped the axles, we went ahead and installed the TeraFlex 3" lift kit I got (springs, shocks and sway bar quick disconnects).
Upgraded the Tie Rod to a heavy duty version from Rusty's
After they left, I removed the nerf bars and the plastic step looking things that come off the back of the front fender flares in preparation for the rock sliders.

Monday: Replaced the smashed up oil pan (that was a nightmare. Had to remove the front section of the exhaust and it didn't want to cooperate). Then installed a SkidRow skid plate that covers the exhaust, oil pan and transmission (won't be smashing that anymore). Bled the brakes, filled the 8.8 with gear oil. And drove (front wheel drive with locker) to the MCJ Meeting.

Tuesday: SYE time. This took most of the day. Ran into a few issues but was able to overcome. Then decided to do the easy task of removing the t-case drop. LOL, that bleeping SOB would not come off. Let me tell you, I was in the Navy for 10 years ... I cursed more Tuesday night than I did in my Navy career ... OK, not quite, but anyway. I finally managed to get it off, WD-40, BFE, HUGE breaker bar, grinding wheel, BFE, welder, hacksaw, BFE for no apparent reason and a whole lot of yelling obscenities ... and off it came.

Items left: ARB compressor, electronics and controls. Currie Rock Sliders. Mount new tires on beadlocks (install Dynabeads). Go out to Carolina Driveline and get my rear drive shaft.

That's it for now. This is just a summary. I am planning on creating a project build thread with pics, but I'm going to go relax. Hoping to have it ready for Gulches this Sunday. So if anyone is going, let me know. You can help me shake it down ..... see what falls off.