Welcome to the New OffroadSC - We have successfully migrated to our new Non-Profit Servers. Our team has been working hard to make this migration as smooth as possible. If you experience any issues, please let us know via the Housekeeping > Technical Problems Section.
Big day today. Tripp and I pulled out the jeep harness we don't need (which required some changes from the way we wired the fuel pump and starter previously), and worked on gauges. Tripp has so much patience for this kind of stuff...
And we ended with a run up town and fueled it up.
While Tripp was working on wiring and didn't need my help, I decided to check out the winch since the brake wasnt working. I took it apart and literally poured the brake pieces out of the drum. The snap ring had come off the end, so hopefully that fixes it. I also had to helicoil a couple holes.
Now the bad news... last weekend I flex tested it and the tcase jumped out of 4low. I adjusted the cable but it still pops out...
No judging the cluster harness...we had to make several changes after the initial build... Including switching some of the fastons to ring terminals due to clearance and the added pull-up resistor harness (8.6k 1/4 watt....ish, tested with 9k on my decade box). Cluster was constructed using deutsch connectors for easy install/removal with full documention and every pin function labeled at the connector....I really do enjoy wiring...
Did a little work this morning. Finished up vents, new ujoint in front shaft, bled the power steering, then headed over to Tripp's for a little bit. I think tonight I'm going to cut the throttle pedal down a little more. I can't get used to it where it is.
Spent the afternoon working on tieing the cross member into the skid. Also had an exhaust leak so pulled it down.
When you read that you can't do this swap with a small lift (especially with a high pinion axle), one of the main issues is exhaust clearance to front driveshaft. I've had a little rub so decided to work that pipe while out.
I got interrupted by someone coming to buy the 4.0 so didn't finish it up tonight.
Locktite probably isn't going to work, you use heat to remove red locktite. You might need distorted thread nuts if new bolts doesn't fix it... I might would even try to tighten them when they are hot (expanded) and let them cool.