Just another Green 98 TJ Sahara

Two things that helped mine, was to stretch the wheelbase out as far as you can without your trackbar hitting the gas tank too bad. And to play with the pinion angle up and down a bit to see if it changes.

I would also try putting the vibration damper back on the axle and see if it quits. Made a huge difference on my explorer. When you put the rear diff back together did you put the smelly ford additive in it? If not that is highly recommended as well.

I would also try putting the vibration damper back on the axle and see if it quits. Made a huge difference on my explorer. When you put the rear diff back together did you put the smelly ford additive in it? If not that is highly recommended as well.
I didn't know that was a thing (vibration dampener) Now I need to see if I can find one at the junker. I have a slight vibration from 50-55 that i've just lived with for years. Any negatives other than just added weight?

I havent seen any. On the 95 explorer it was one on the tcase and the rear diff. Since my 92 has a 9" rear I just have the one on the tcase. Having heims on the arms will transfer a little extra road noise as well. I pick up the occasional weird vibe from my front end depending on road surface. Everything is all heims on my front. Tie rod, drag link, trac bar, and control arms.

I didn't know that was a thing (vibration dampener) Now I need to see if I can find one at the junker. I have a slight vibration from 50-55 that i've just lived with for years. Any negatives other than just added weight?
If you go to the pull a part, or find a deal on 2 let me know.

So, Im on the fence about the LS additive. Im putting amsoil back in it, and they say it has the additive built in...
AMSOIL SEVERE GEAR is compatible with most limited-slip differentials. For applications that require additional limited-slip friction modifier, add AMSOIL Slip Lock®. So...If i should add the modifier should i get the ford stuff or amsoil stuff? Will it hurt anything to run without it?

I buttoned up the rear diff cover tonight and filled it with every drop of 5qts and still had room for more.... Also bolted the weight contraption bad on, Larry drove it and told me it's fine, we both came to the conclusion that I probably need unit bearings, getting a little growl when the passenger front it loaded

did the weight contraption help any? I actually found mine from years ago buried out in the RC rock pile when I was looking for a concrete paver last night.

Well the wife approved the addition of AC to the Jeep.. $469 from Rockauto for everything but the drier mount $30 ebay and the re circulation door $45 from mymoparparts... Looks like DIY is gonna save me about 40% of the Jeep Air Kit. That also included a new heater core. I will just need to make a decal for my slide style controls to know where the AC works.

Well the wife approved the addition of AC to the Jeep.. $469 from Rockauto for everything but the drier mount $30 ebay and the re circulation door $45 from mymoparparts... Looks like DIY is gonna save me about 40% of the Jeep Air Kit. That also included a new heater core. I will just need to make a decal for my slide style controls to know where the AC works.
I consider that a $500 win in my book

I was able to order the decal and hardware kit from Jeepair, to complete my install $40... Should have everything i need to start pulling it apart this weekend. Probably start with my unit bearings, then move to the dash.