Jts jeep service

So as some of you know I have a 2004 jeep wrangler Rubicon. I have had it for about 2 months now and second gear went out in it about 2 weeks ago. So I took it to Jts for the warranty work because I have a powertrain warranty. Now they have given serveral of our members many problems. I took it in they drove it and said was deffantly internal. They torn the tranny apart. After having it a week they said they were replacing second gear and syncs and that it would be covered. So now they've had it for a week and a half should have been done with it on Tuesday. Today I call to make sure it was done and they said I would have to pay $700 for a new clutch. The clutch was fine when I took it in and its not covered under warranty. I called corp and they said there was nothing they could do about it. So I went up there and they said warranty would fix the trans but woukdnt warrant the parts and labor unless the clutch was replaced. I said just fix the trans. On the way home they called and said they found a new clutch kit for $150 and that if I would go get and bring it in they would install it without charging me $700. They ended up doing $1400 worth of work to the transmission. With the clutch and deductible I payed $250. I think our name is out there and they know us now. Will be getting the jeep back tomorrow. Just thought it would be nice for the club to know what was going on.

sent from my HTC

I did the guy that's working on it is an older man and seems to know what he is talking about. He showed me the clutch and it was still half pad but he said on main problem was the pilot bearing was messed up and had started cutting a ring into the input shaft. He said since it wasnt a bad groove he was gonna try and buff it out and if he can't then he is gonna get a new input shaft as well.

sent from my HTC

They do know of us, this site, and that we have several experienced auto tech's in the club. I assure you they have lost business because of our club, and know about it.

They do know of us, this site, and that we have several experienced auto tech's in the club. I assure you they have lost business because of our club, and know about it.
That's right and I think that's why they bent over backwards when I told I was in the club and that there name was not caring a good rep.

sent from my HTC

I wont ever deal with that laughing stock of a Dealership. I had a run in the the Used Car Manager awhile back. I laughed all the way out the door once I saw his Polex.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
They're a big Chrysler and now Fiat dealer in Lexington.

Years ago I stopped to look at a TJ they had. The price was way high and I asked why, the salesman said it had a $4,000 lift on it. When I told him it was a $100 budget boost, $200 steel wheels, and no name tires he was speechless.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
He also insisted that I let him give me a trade in appraisal on what I was driving. I had parked this behind the building, fresh from a wheeling trip and hadn't been washed.

user19721_pic1511_1236900772-1.jpg

That was a fun conversation.

Im new to this site and a fairly new Jeep owner....and I use this dealership as well for the numerous warranty repairs that I have had done. I can say my experiences have not been the best...but the problem is there really is no where else close....Galeana is a bit of a drive, and they also gave me the cold shoulder when I took my Jeep in for the stoopid bumper endcaps that wont go back on! So im not sure whats worse....

Yeah I have never dealt with galeana so I don't know a lot about them. But still havent got my jeep back from Jts and I was supposed to have it friday. From what I can tell the guy working on it knows his stuff just keep waiting on parts and I think anything that has to do with warranty is always gonna give you problems.

sent from my HTC

Yeah I have never dealt with galeana so I don't know a lot about them. But still havent got my jeep back from Jts and I was supposed to have it friday. From what I can tell the guy working on it knows his stuff just keep waiting on parts and I think anything that has to do with warranty is always gonna give you problems.

sent from my HTC
Are you the silver TJ I seen up on the hi lift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk