Grand Dads Cj5

Did you get the windshield brackets for teh doors? Those are teh hard ones to find. pretty easy to make but getting original ones are rare. They always seem to get lost. The later windshield lays back a bit farther than the early windshields. The early frames are wider so the top wont fit. the cowl openings between early and later CJ5 are the same. It raelly sint that huge of a problem with swap out frames. hinges are the same, just need the frame and glass. Wouldbe cheaper to do a new windshield frame that trying to find a later top, they are a bit scarcer than the early style and will cost more

Well I talked to the guy i got it from. He said he would swap me his windshield frame for mine. But he says his is also a 78 like mine so unless someone swapped his windshield frame out to accommodate this top and doors his shouldn't fit either. But he says his frame has 7 holes across the top just like this hard top does. So I don't know what to do. I can swap frames and make this hard top fit or keep mine as is and keep my soft top on it. But one things for sure I cant have this swap costing much more. I still have a lot of parts to buy before it can hit the trails.

I would keep your frame and just get another one when the right deal pops up. Then you can swap them out when ur ready for a different look.