February 21st Workday and Trail Ride @ Larrys

Had a great time out there saturday. Ended up pushing the All terrains to the limits out in the back 40. I also permanently attached my trailer to my hitch ball.... Going to have to do something about that. Thanks for all the help modifying my steering. And for the tech lesson on using a triangle file from Jody and Tim. I filed the 4 double splines out of my pitman arm so it can be clocked 360* and now my steering wheel is centered AND i have full steer to both sides. Thanks again guys!

Brooks, if I'm understanding you correctly then you can put your pitman arm on anyways you like now. Can you share which way you did it? I think that would solve an issue for me as well.

I used a hacksaw to remove material from the 4 double splines and then I used a triangle file to finish it to look like the original splines. I meant to take some pictures, but we got busy. After I was done it was nearly impossible to tell where the double splines were originally.

I used a hacksaw to remove material from the 4 double splines and then I used a triangle file to finish it to look like the original splines. I meant to take some pictures, but we got busy. After I was done it was nearly impossible to tell where the double splines were originally.
Just an FYI too, buy somewhat quality files (nicholson) its worth the expense over HF and other low end stuff with how much longer they stay sharp and how much better of a finish you'll get. I like those bastards.

Just an FYI too, buy somewhat quality files (nicholson) its worth the expense over HF and other low end stuff with how much longer they stay sharp and how much better of a finish you'll get. I like those bastards.
I'm not going to lie, I think thats the first time I have ever used a file for something delicate. I picked that one up at ace, it was a nicholson

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=29795696

it worked for the intended purpose and will now reside in the toolbox for who knows how long.