Favorite tire

About the only tire I've ever had that were completely intolerable on the highway were a set of cut 37" Boggers. I wouldn't own another set of Boggers if they were given to me. Maybe on the back.
Grooved 36" TSL's, 37" SSRs, 33" SXs, 36" TSL radials, 31" Truxus MT, even riden in Rich's Jeep with 35" Thornbirds, all were reasonable.

Best two highway tires I've had were the SSR and Truxus MT. I'd love to own a set of Truxxus MT's again. Performance and ride quality were all there! And I'm all about trying out new treads. So I can't say one tire will do better than another unless I've tried it first hand.

I think one of the best tires of all time hasn't been mentioned. Super swamper sx. I've had a lot of tires, 35 BFg km1's, 36 tsl's, 37 pbr, 38sx, 40 Goodyear stickies. I absolutely loved my sx's. Deep soft tread, thick strong sidewall with tread. They flat out worked on my old truck. I have some 37 reds now I plan on running till I see belts.

For an all purpose tire (aka, a lot of street then into the mud, because we live in the south and there is mud everywhere), it is BFG MTs. Mine have performed very well. Of course my rig is so miserable on the road anyway, I can't hear them/feel how they ride so I assume they are ok in those departments. Mud and rock, they hold their own. My KM1's have a lot of good tread still left on them but I'm still thinking of going KM2s. Those KM1s are old. Like, 10 years old.

Sub 35" for off road, TSLs.

For an SUV that is a DD with some towing, Michelin Cross Terrains. They are quiet even to the wear bars and always ride good. Pricey, but you can get a lot of mileage out of them.

For BS whatever sedan/station wagon that'll never see dirt, BFG Tractions. Cheap, ride good, quiet, last a long time. Hard combo to beat as long as you don't need performance.

For an all purpose tire (aka, a lot of street then into the mud, because we live in the south and there is mud everywhere), it is BFG MTs. Mine have performed very well. Of course my rig is so miserable on the road anyway, I can't hear them/feel how they ride so I assume they are ok in those departments. Mud and rock, they hold their own. My KM1's have a lot of good tread still left on them but I'm still thinking of going KM2s. Those KM1s are old. Like, 10 years old.

Sub 35" for off road, TSLs.

For an SUV that is a DD with some towing, Michelin Cross Terrains. They are quiet even to the wear bars and always ride good. Pricey, but you can get a lot of mileage out of them.

For BS whatever sedan/station wagon that'll never see dirt, BFG Tractions. Cheap, ride good, quiet, last a long time. Hard combo to beat as long as you don't need performance.
do your KM1s have any dry rot cracks? Let me know if you want to get rid of two of them when you get new tires.

No dry rot yet. The spare does but I think it is older than I am. Friggen spare is some miserable bias ply military tire. The size is 235/85/16. What do you need them for? That is actually what I'm thinking is selling them as spare tires to other rover owners. Rims and all.

Yeah, new tires and new Defender style rims. Definitely would drop some coin but would be oooohhhh sssssoooooo nnnnnniiiicccceeeeee.

No dry rot yet. The spare does but I think it is older than I am. Friggen spare is some miserable bias ply military tire. The size is 235/85/16. What do you need them for? That is actually what I'm thinking is selling them as spare tires to other rover owners. Rims and all.

Yeah, new tires and new Defender style rims. Definitely would drop some coin but would be oooohhhh sssssoooooo nnnnnniiiicccceeeeee.
looking to put some of that size on my trailer. I have been looking at doing some retreads, but would really like to find some used tires to throw on for cheaper...