Family Truckster Vol. 2

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I got the headliner done today at Leon's headliners at the Barnyard Flea Market. Looks good, reasonable at $375.

20210828_150525.jpg

20210828_150514.jpg

Since I took everything out of it for that job, I thought a little about my back of truck sleeping arrangements. It's plenty long and about 52" wide. I'm not sure if I want to get a full air mattress and squeeze it in or just get a twin and have some extra room down the side.

Now I need to order a driver seat base cover from the seat shop and the interior will be all good.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Thats awesome! what does something like that run? I didnt know replacement parts like that were available.
It's $209 for a bucket base, $219 for a back. They have replacement foam, heaters, arm rests, head rests, etc. This company pretty much started with the gmt800 trucks and have expanded to a few ford's, grand cherokees...

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Keeping with my pattern of overdoing things with this rig, I put a ginormous trans cooler on it. This is a Tru-Cool 40k with brackets from some random guy off the internet. The kit works out pretty well. It positions the cooler where the driver side line fits just by removing from the clip. The passenger side gets cut and rotated, then put back together with a compression fitting he supplies.

20210906_160545.jpg

Factory one for comparison.

20210906_160603.jpg

I need to put a bigger one in my F150. Towing small loads such as my boat I see 175-180 degrees and I just feel like it should be lower.... But its also usually above 90 degrees temps outside when i'm towing that.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Did my first and probably only automatic fluid and filter change. I had talked myself out of it a few times but finally did it. Fluid was dark but didn't smell burnt. Nothing on the magnet, nothing concerning in the pan. Hopefully it's healthy and good for another 200k.

I'll happily pay the ~$100 for someone else to do it from now on. I'm tired of working on things under vehicles.