Exiting the building scene

Just like that I am out! I look forward to having more time out with the RZR and tracking down a rig that is already built to play around in.

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Hate to see this. You've built some really cool stuff over the years, but I never understood how you got anything done, especially with shop being far away from home.

Hate to see this. You've built some really cool stuff over the years, but I never understood how you got anything done, especially with shop being far away from home.
I did so by not sleeping much. Basically put the kids to sleep and then go to the shop until 1 am. Repeat the next day. Slowly that has become to much as work takes more time and the kids are a lot more fun. I will get back into building, but for the next few years, time with the kids is way more important. Then they will be teenagers and I will be an ATM. For now I am going to find something to tinker with, beat the sxs, and camp as much as possible. Kids are a lot of work. Dance, Gymnastics, football, basketball, soccer, baseball, cub scouts, etc. Everyday there is something that builds them as people.

I hate that you don't have time to do it anymore, but I totally understand. I'm in the same boat. You are a freaking artist with metal and one day you'll have some disposable time again to make cool stuff. Enjoy the kids while you can for sure!

I'd like to get he press. Is it in decent shape?
It is dirty, but works well. The last 8 years I have had a 20 ton so this one has just sat in the corner. I have only used it to bend 1/4" plate lately.

I figure I have 10 years to dream about it. Then the kids are off to college so for the next 10 years it will be old school metal working, wood working, and as much time with them as possible.

It is dirty, but works well. The last 8 years I have had a 20 ton so this one has just sat in the corner. I have only used it to bend 1/4" plate lately.

I figure I have 10 years to dream about it. Then the kids are off to college so for the next 10 years it will be old school metal working, wood working, and as much time with them as possible.
sounds good, I'll be up in Greenville Monday if you are available to meet. Is this the old orange one? or red or sliver? is it the floor mounted press?

Sorry man, I got covid shortly after posting that. I'm back but it killed all my free days during the holidays. I'll see if I can get up there in the next few weeks but its crazy busy now. If someone else wants it before i get back to you send it on.

Sorry man, I got covid shortly after posting that. I'm back but it killed all my free days during the holidays. I'll see if I can get up there in the next few weeks but its crazy busy now. If someone else wants it before i get back to you send it on.
I hate to hear that you got sick. That stuff can kick your butt. I understand busy. I am full throttle at work, trying to wrap up a 6 month master bathroom remodel that keeps getting derailed through injury and illness, and clearing out the shop. Already got the go ahead to pickup an RV and an FJ40 once the bathroom and shop are closed out. Now I just can't get derailed. Only 20 days left to clear out.