December 3rd - MidCarolina Jeepers Toys 4 Tots Run

I was gonna eat before I got there and then have some munchies and some beverages...Id like to do a night ride if anyone else is up for it. It should be dark early, so by the time us 6pmers ge there, and get our site set up, it will be more than dark enough :)

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I was gonna eat before I got there and then have some munchies and some beverages...Id like to do a night ride if anyone else is up for it. It should be dark early, so by the time us 6pmers ge there, and get our site set up, it will be more than dark enough :)
I should be there about the same time and I'm bringing the samurai out Friday night to ride. Saturday I'll just have the xj and plan to watch miller and frank do crazy stuff.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
What time can I get in the gate in the morning?
My parents will be coming in between 9 and 10, or you can just wake Gillis up and make him unlock it.

The flat tire on the sami was just dirt in the bead, but I guess I didn't clean it well enough. It was down again this morning. That, along with Burgundy and I both being sick, means I'm just going to drive the xj out tonight.

just got back from Lee Transport, they offered up a donation of a few things to raffle off at the toy run.

Everyone that brings a toy will get a raffle ticket.

we have 4 offroad tool kits, 2 ratchet strap kits, 2 S&W pocket knives, numerous safety glasses, some t-shirts, and a few other things.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
What a day!

It was great to have the Jeep back out on the trail. This was my first time to 33. I enjoyed the sand. It was nice wheeling all day and not going home with a Jeep full of dust or mud. The bottom line ... it was a gorgeous South Carolina day (t-shirt and doors off in December) with a great group of rigs driven by a great group of people. Good food, good weather and good company. You just can't beat it.

A few highlights that I got to observe:

• Jimbo: Man oh man, you've got balls the size of basketballs. You need a vehicle that can live up to your level of courage. Great job out there. I enjoyed the show. (no he didn't break anything)
  • Tow Mater: I love the truck and really love the way it sounds. He put this thing through it's paces today until something in the steering gave out. I will post the video of his save tomorrow.
  • Marcus: Went straight to the v-notch right out of the gate. He had it laid all the way over on the side far enough to surgically remove his antenna.
  • Mason: The silver Jeep is beautiful. You took on a lot of obstacles that I didn't think you would. But more importantly, you knew when to call it on the hill before you broke something. Very smart, great job.
  • Brooks: I have to say today was the first time I have seen Brooks ..... well ..... Just Get On It. He took on that hill climb before anyone else and just wasn't going to give up. He didn't make it, but it was impressive.
  • Miller: Took on the big sand dune (not really a dune but steep enough to be one) and made it. Always a pleasure watching you do your thing. Awesome rig but even a better driver.

It was a great day and I look forward to the next trip. We need to do more of these local one day deals next year. It was a great time being around so many club members and their rigs.

Special thanks to the owner of the event location for allowing us to spend the day there and enjoy the property for a great cause. And also to the donor of the raffle prizes. I don't remember the business but they deserve recognition so someone post it up for me.

This was our first outting with you guys.
Today was great we had a lot of fun.
Brooks, thanks for cooking the food was good.
See you all at the next meeting.

thanks greg your rig is nice too, and i loved watching it go up stuff. and those trail ready bead locks...:drool::drool::drool: love em:grinpimp:

also thought the whole trip in general was great and ended up being a win, win for all the peolpe out there and the people who enjoyed the day!

Last edited: