December 11-13 MCJ Christmas Trip @ Big Creek and Uwharrie NF

jeep_santa.jpg

Hey Guys,

As discussed at the meeting we will be traveling up to Uwharrie National forest for our Christmas Trip again this year.

We will be heading up to Big Creek Friday for a day of wheeling. We will meet HERE in camden at 6:00 and be at Eldorado Outpost by 9:00am.

We are camping friday and saturday night at Badin Lake Group camp and then wheeling the trails at uwharrie on Saturday.

Club will be providing dinner Friday night, Breakfast Sat morning and Dinner Saturday night.

There is a chance we may be at a cabin, but we are uncertain at this time. We will have prices soon.

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We will be accepting registrations at the meeting next Monday. Please sign up if you plan to go. I need to get a headcount to Big Creek by the end of October.

Pricing:
[table="width: 800, class: grid"]

Driver Member

Driver Non-Member

Passenger Member

Passenger Non-Member

All Weekend

$30

$50

$10

$20

Friday Only

$15

$35

$0

$0

Friday + Dinner

$20

$40

$5

$5

Friday + food + camp

$25

$45

$10

$10

Saturday Only

$0

$5

$0

$0

Saturday + food

$0

$10

$5

$5

Saturday + food + camp

$0

$15

$10

$10

[/table]

[table="width: 500", class: grid"]

Pd

Driver

Passenger

Name

Comments

x

Larry Barr

Friday Only

x

Richard Mathews

All weekend

x

Miller McArthur

All weekend

x

Steve Wade

All weekend

x

Chris Spivey

All weekend

x

Brooks Bickley

All weekend

x

Dick Barr

All weekend, passenger Friday only

x

Mike Moore

All weekend

Larry Anderson

x

Bill Collins

Missing Big Creek, not camping

x

Art Pratt

All weekend, not camping

Jim Mosier

All weekend

Mike Mosier

All weekend

x

Chris Tacket

All weekend, not camping

x

Mike Mattox

Saturday only

x

?

Taylor Corbett

All weekend

x

Greg Wolf

All weekend, not camping

x

DJ Barr

All weekend

x

Tim Neal

All weekend

Orlando Coronado

All weekend

[/table]

Last edited:
So IF I were to be free that Saturday and came up it would cost me $5 to wheel with you guys? When are you hitting up Big Creek? I cannot commit right now but I'd love to crash your guys party up there!

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
So IF I were to be free that Saturday and came up it would cost me $5 to wheel with you guys? When are you hitting up Big Creek? I cannot commit right now but I'd love to crash your guys party up there!
Correct. The $5 is just to cover the Uwharrie pass. Big Creek is Friday which is why the cost is higher for friday.

Why not get that awesome cabin? Or stay at a campsite with power? Arrowhead is closer to the trail head, and has hookups and better shower facilities.

Last edited:
Why not get that awesome cabin? Or stay at a campsite with power? Arrowhead is closer to the trail head, and has hookups and better shower facilities.
the cabin doubled their price this year after Clemson Offroad rented it last year... Its out of our price range now.

Arrowhead requires each person reserving a site, we pay for the group site from the club budget, everyone is welcome to get a site wherever they like.

the cabin doubled their price this year after Clemson Offroad rented it last year... Its out of our price range now.

Arrowhead requires each person reserving a site, we pay for the group site from the club budget, everyone is welcome to get a site wherever they like.
Hey hey hey now it wasn't our fault i'm sure it was due for an increase in price.

Arrowhead has a couple double sites. We've camped 3 - 4 people at one of them.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I checked on the cabin and it is booked Friday night. So, we will be camping.

The first post contradicts our last meeting notes. We had said leaving the Lugoff Waffle House (I20 exit 92) @ 6:00 AM. I'm verifying what time the Big Creek guys will be ready for us.

If you're going and haven't paid, please either have your money at Toys 4 Tots or paypal to Midcarolinajeepersclub@gmail.com.