#CedarHollowSC

i'll have to let them dry out for a while, but i will probably do that eventually.
Are they pine? If you have some dead pine use that after you get it started and it will boil the water out and let them burn. Depending on size if they are small enough I put them in my burn furnace. A 55 gallon burn barrel with a stand of angle and expanded metal to hold them up off the bottom. Also has 2" hole saw holes in the bottom so ashes can get scooped from under it.

Are they pine? If you have some dead pine use that after you get it started and it will boil the water out and let them burn. Depending on size if they are small enough I put them in my burn furnace. A 55 gallon burn barrel with a stand of angle and expanded metal to hold them up off the bottom. Also has 2" hole saw holes in the bottom so ashes can get scooped from under it.
I will probably be building a burn barrel for some stuff, but most of them are too big to fit in a 55 drum.

so your barrel is just open on both ends and you set the grate and barrel on blocks? thats a pretty good way to do it.
Yes that is one of my burn barrels. It is actually an old barrel that the bottom rusted out. My new one sits on blocks with the holes in the side and bottom and has a shelf in it to hold the wood about 12" off the bottom.

Rain Rain go away! I bought a 40' shipping container to store all our crap in while we build and sell our house. Its too wet to move the dang thing in. I'm hoping it dries out enough for delivery next weekend. Also, I'll be out there cutting up trees and burning if anyone wants to come hang out with their chainsaw!

so we had a day with sun, and the weekend is supposed to be sunny, but two much rain today and tomorrow to move the container in. I'll be there most of the day sat and sunday, any help woudl be appreciated! I'll feed you and beer you.

Huge progress this weekend. We finished clearing the main area and I was able to move the huge pile of Cedar Logs to the edge of the yard instead of right in the middle.

2E265D8B-C9E6-4A76-A73A-030970C3854E.jpeg

Few new pine stumps that I cut down saturday.
39581FF2-57ED-496B-B9EB-C4F55E3AE1FE.jpeg

Progress!
C8525932-7ECF-4930-B455-E6337D964D3D.jpeg

There are a number of stump holes out there, that the rain has turned into tractor swallowers. They look like flat ground until you drive over them.
D8C54237-5295-471C-B82F-63523375F99C.jpeg

The main area is clear, just a few Cedars covered in Poison Ivy along the bottom that are down and I'm not sure how to handle them.
6A2D31C4-8C74-443F-A180-F441BF1CAD04.jpeg

So the guy that delivered the container could back a trailer anywhere, but he forgot his remote to his trailer tilt thing, so he couldn't adjust the angle while he was in the truck, this led to him placing it in a wonky place on wonky blocks. I need to lift this thing up some and rebuild the foundation with blocks again that aren't skewed. I'll probably be out there sunday if the weather is good trying to get this thing looking solid.

B4599FAD-B756-4C2F-9CEF-16043D41FEC0.jpeg